Okinawa - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Javier1373 View Post
    Too funny.....one of my PFC's in my squad came to me one day with a raspy @ss voice and told me he had eaten the banana 6 times. I told him to stop breathing on me and go see the doc......
    Never had the intestinal fortitude, or stupidity whichever to eat the bannana, but watched other Marines start piling dollar bills on the bar and the one who did got the money. Never laughed so hard and was grossed out more than that time.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    75-76 "You suckie, F++kie GI?" "Short time ten dollah." Camp Henoko (now part of camp Schwab.) Henoko City was great! Kinville was an experience. SockaHotchie alley. BJs while setting at the bar were common. More happened in the booths if you had the cash. Don't buy the Nay-sons a drink, it will cost you triple what you pay for one for yourself. Condoms a must unless you enjoy pennecillin shots in the posterior. Was a wild and crazy 13 months. MoJo, bar fights, Philopino bands, Nago City, Yaka Soba, fried rice with catsup at 2 AM. WOW you really got the memories flowing. Thanks.
    Marine did you ever hear of IHA Castle?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Marine did you ever hear of IHA Castle?
    Nope just Shuri Castle, maybe you can enlighten me.

It was where the officers were housed between Camp Schwab and Camp Hansen that's where I was a billeting NCO for officers, golf course, club, swimming pool,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    It was where the officers were housed between Camp Schwab and Camp Hansen that's where I was a billeting NCO for officers, golf course, club, swimming pool,lol.
    I was a Pvt-LCpl while on the rock. Didn't have the luxury of golf, O club, and the swinmming pool was the local beach at camp Schwab. On Google earth there is a picture of Camp Schwab from the Air. What used to be Camp Henoko is in the upper right part of Camp Schwab. Got some pics from the time on my profile page. SF

I was stationed there in 77-78. It was an OK place back then, but due to a few bad Marines, the people there now pretty much hate us. The last time I was there was in 2006 and I didn't even bother to go off base. There was an incident involving about three Marines raping a local almost ten years ago. I just never bothered going off base after that.

You guys are insane, guess that's why you're Marines. Anyways, what's the easiest way of comunicating between the states and Oki? The boyfriend just got stationed over there....

Credits
    Savings
    Whisper Alley, Gate 2 and BC Streets, Tsunami Cove, The Cave (and of course cave punch), Mojo, Philipino girls, JP's, Kinville, the Kitimae Gate (back gate of Camp Foster), Bannana shows, Taco's across from Camp Courtney, the Airmen's club on Kadena and a ****load of other places with so many memories attached it makes me wish I could start over and do it again. I was stationed at Camp Courtney '89 - '90, it was by far the best first duty station I ever could have hoped for. Great times and great friends!

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Whisper Alley, Gate 2 and BC Streets, Tsunami Cove, The Cave (and of course cave punch), Mojo, Philipino girls, JP's, Kinville, the Kitimae Gate (back gate of Camp Foster), Bannana shows, Taco's across from Camp Courtney, the Airmen's club on Kadena and a ****load of other places with so many memories attached it makes me wish I could start over and do it again. I was stationed at Camp Courtney '89 - '90, it was by far the best first duty station I ever could have hoped for. Great times and great friends!

TJR:
    Man your talking about magsaisai st. alongapo P.I. Not oki!
    don't forget **** river n the beauty queens on their canoes. Get any ting u want for some fresh fruit or a peso.

Credits
    Savings
    I am absolutely talking about Okinawa, although I have been to the PI also. In Kinville there was a bar called Eddie's Place that we all used to call the cave, their signature drink came in a silver punch bowl with as many straws as you wanted and was called "cave punch". The bar owners in Kinville when I was there used to import Philipino girls to work at the bars to provide us Marines with "moral" support.

I do remember **** river in Ologanapo and throwing pesos down and seeing the kids swimming in it dive down and come up with the peso in their teeth. A bag of M&M's would get you laid 30 seconds after you walked into the bar with them. They loved the M&M's.

One last OKI memory, anyone remember "the stage in Naha? It was actually called Naha Music and featured a revolving stage, several dozen Marines, a handful of naked girls and Japanese families dressed to the nine's. You would go in and sit close to the stage(which revolved) and girls would come out strip the first song and then dance for a couple more. Then they would bring out the fuzzy dice and whoever rolled the highest number had sex with the girl on the stage. Toward the back of the room were metal bleachers that used to have entire Japanese families watching, dressed up like they were going to a fancy party. I asked the owner one time why the Japanese came also, and he said some families brought their children there to explain and describe sex. It is definately a different society.

Guess I was at the only base with no women in oki called Camp Schwab hahaha jk.....It Humid as hell but beautiful......you either become a big time drinker or a big time PT Stud.....but either way its a great place in the corps....you will defintely learn how to march again lol

Quote Originally Posted by jrodie View Post
    You guys are insane, guess that's why you're Marines. Anyways, what's the easiest way of comunicating between the states and Oki? The boyfriend just got stationed over there....
    AHH Marines Do It Best.

The place sucks to high heaven. The people are always protested you at the gate, flying around in their goony chopper over the artillery, mortar, rifle and infantry assault courses, causing the ranges to be shut down until they are chased out of the area. But come pay day they are your best friend for the next 3 to 4 days then it's back to protesting you again. Semper Fi.... Do or Die.

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    '64 Camp Butler,them metal huts were like ovens.
    Went to Camp Courtney,brand spankin new everything,but the small geedunk hut next to the slopshute.
    Not bad liberty spots . Naha was okay,4 corners off limits haha..New Koza had the bars, little ville out side Camp Hanson was a dump,I forget the name.
    I rate "The Rock" a 7.......
    We called it sinville but the name was Kinville I believe, was there from 1983 to 1984.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhed87 View Post
    Did (2) 6 month Dets on MCAS Futenma from '88-'90. I was attached to MALS-36, AVI-610. Survived an earthquake and numerous nights of running from the JP's. Had a blast partying on and around Kadena AFB.

I was ther at Camp Hansen during an earthquake. Thought the guy on the top bunk was shaking the rack. Then the rumbling started. Didnt last long but it was intense for a few seconds. 87 88 timeframe. C Co 3rd CEB. The water is beautiful. Great for diving and snorkleing.

Thread Information