USMC Scout Sniper
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

USMC Scout Sniper

Hello there Marines, please excuse me if I have any spelling errors. I really do suck at spelling. I still have 2 years until I leave for bootcamp and I have been thinking alot about what I want for a MOS. I have talked to many people about different jobs and there are a few that I really want. If anything at the least I want a 0311, 0331, and mabe might try intel, but what I am really wanting to do at this point and have been for a while is being a Scout Sniper. I have been trying to look around for information about it, and it seems its a bit harder to find. I know its suppose to be intense as sh*t but I have the drive to do anything. If anyone here could give me some info on what you do on a daily bases, things that I could try to prepare myself for, and anything that you might find helpful would be great.

Thanks, Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Hello there Marines, please excuse me if I have any spelling errors. I really do suck at spelling. I still have 2 years until I leave for bootcamp and I have been thinking alot about what I want for a MOS. I have talked to many people about different jobs and there are a few that I really want. If anything at the least I want a 0311, 0331, and mabe might try intel, but what I am really wanting to do at this point and have been for a while is being a Scout Sniper. I have been trying to look around for information about it, and it seems its a bit harder to find. I know its suppose to be intense as sh*t but I have the drive to do anything. If anyone here could give me some info on what you do on a daily bases, things that I could try to prepare myself for, and anything that you might find helpful would be great.

Thanks, Daniel
    You can learn to follow orders by using the search function. I know there are about 100 posts about snipers on here.

03xx and intell. is a wide range of interest lol. I read in a book somewhere that Carlos Hathcock played lots of Halo and Call of Duty to brush up on his sniping skills.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett90 View Post
    03xx and intell. is a wide range of interest lol. I read in a book somewhere that Carlos Hathcock played lots of Halo and Call of Duty to brush up on his sniping skills.
    You're funny! Much appreciated on another Ricky Recon discussion.

Hey bud, just fyi, your gonna catch a hell of a lot of flak around here if you don't follow the rules. Search sniper/recon/badass/rambo or whatever you want and trust me, there must pages and pages of results. I've not been here that long but I've seen a **** load of these posts. I'm not trying to rag on you, I'm just saying use the search before you get your head ripped off.

-take it easy

jake

I found these from just a little bit of searching. Should answer most questions you have.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...highlight=0302

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...highlight=0302

After leaving McDonalds this morning I had to run home and hit the head because those 5 McGriddles went straight through me. But as soon as I was done with that and a nap, the training began! I put my home made gillie suit on and headed for the front yard. Dont worry, I made sure to grab my broom stick on my way out the door. After all what is a Poolee without his trusted black gloss broomstick... or as I like to call it, my BOOM-STICK!
    Anyways, I snuck out into the jungle which is my yard (my mom tells me to cut it but I tell her I need the long grass for boot camp training.) I got the drop on all the neighbors seeing as they were at work which gave me optimal time to settle and blend into my surroundings.
    As I'm laying in the prone position I take aim with my BOOM-STICK at the neighbors cat and release a single perfect shot... over and over again. I'm getting so much better. Come about 1400 hours my mom brings me some lemonade and sandwiches. She told me she could tell from the porch how good I'm getting, and that I'll be the best scout sniper ever! Shes right. I then proceeded to roll over and devour my well earned bounty of mayonaise smuthered sandwiches off of my 58 inch stomach so that i dont give away my position. Then it was back to training and awaiting the unsuspecting neighbors arrival home. At 1730 hours the first neighbor began to approach in their SUV and spotted me instantly! I WAS SHOCKED! I couldnt have been sitting any more still! Oh well, I trapced back inside to relax and think about how to improve my skills tomorrow..
    Do all of that and you'll be good to go for sniper training.

To all of you that are telling me to use the search function I havn't been at my house in over a week and the computer at school doesn't let me search sorry.

Just do what that guy did in the link I posted and you will do fine.

I'm sorry our rules don't make you happy. Maybe you should go somewhere else so that our rules don't get in your way.

There is no reason that you had to have any information immediately. Thus, you could wait until you could get to a computer that allows you to search before you posted a new thread. Or, you could have spent a couple of minutes going through old threads. It wouldn't have taken long to find someone telling a sniper wannabe the two most important things. First, worry about being a Marine first. Second, don't get your hopes up- there are millions of wannabe snipers in the world and there simply isn't the big of a demand for them in the FMF.

Credits
    Savings
    Jeezus ricky rambo ****ing H keee rist almighty go to hell **** - ANOTHER ONE!!

For the life of me, with all these ricky rambo broomstick mofo's running about, I'm surprised there any still any insurrections’ in any part of the World.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    As has been stated, you don't even need to search. I think if you even go back one, maybe even TWO whole pages in the Poolee section, you'll see at least one or two Sniper Manuals that have your name all over it, man. Of course, they won't be titled with that, you'll have to look for them under some other titles. But every sniper's gotta have sharp eyes, right?

Best of luck to you.

I saw this thread and I just laughed. I new there were gonna be some funny replies. Look dude you need to search EVERYTHING before you go and post it. They have answered questions about almost anything you can think of, hell they answered questions on the proper way to eat an MRE (LOL). Next time you have a question, than search it before you start a post unless you like getting your a$$ chewed. Almost everybody on here wants to be ricky recon rambo with his mighty boom stick, LOOK IT UP.

If for whatever reason you can't click the BACK button and do your research which 1) shows initiative, and 2) shows you PAY ATTENTION. Try a google search, or wikipedia. If you aren't a Marine yet I would put my focus on bootcamp first. Since you are already asking questions about your MOS, you MUST be locked on. What are your general orders? What is your run time? Pullups? Crunches? Don't worry about your MOS (they usually teach you at MOS school) worry about your first step: Bootcamp. Get your priorities straight--earn the title. Then you can ask us about becoming a sniper, or ricky recon. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Thread Information