How appropriate would this be?
Create Post

How appropriate would this be?

For the past two or so weeks I've been trying to contact my recruiter. Each time I call or show up he just stepped out and they don't know for sure when he'll be back. I tried calling his cellphone several times, even left a few messages saying I've been trying to contact him and to call me back asap, I never got a call back.

Today I call and I ask to speak to my recruiter and they tell me he doesn't work here anymore. I found this a little odd since I wasn't notified and as far as I know there hadn't really been anything leading up to it. If I remember correctly from a discussion I had with him once, he had been a recruiter for about two years and I *think* recruiing duty is three years so I don't know that he went back to the FMF.

So basically I'm wondering what happened. Would it be appropriate to ask the SNCOIC why my recruiter is not here anymore? If it was because of disciplinary action or something else liek that would they be allowed to tell me?

Just ask who your new recruiter is. That way you can work with them.

Good advice but you still aren't bound by a chain of command either. I'm thinking he was doing something wrong and was told not to fill out anymore packages. Wouldn't be the first time

Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    Just ask who your new recruiter is. That way you can work with them.
    I did ask how that would work out and who would by my new recruiter, everything about that is settled. I'm just curious as to what happened and why I wasn't informed. And by that I don't mean it as in I NEED to know what's going on as if everything is about me and as soon as something is done without my consent or approval I'm going to start whining like a b1tch, just that IMO I find it a little bit odd that I (I don't know about others) didn't get at least a little heads up on the phone that he was gonna leave soon or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewebe
    Good advice but you still aren't bound by a chain of command either. I'm thinking he was doing something wrong and was told not to fill out anymore packages. Wouldn't be the first time
    What exactly do you mean by you aren't bound by a chain of command? I'm assuming the you is reffering to me, still I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.
    So you are thinking it may of been him screwing up and he was removed from recruiting duty? Would they be allowed to disclose that information or would they try to cover it up or just say they can't say?

In otherwords you could ask anyone in their chain of command without informing them that you did so. I on the otherhand would have to ask my superior to ask his superior if I could talk to them.

He means that right now there is technically nothing wrong with directly asking the SNCOIC, however when/if you reach regular service in the Armed Forces it is very inappropriate to start with the highest ranking personnel when trying to answer a routine question. If it were me, I would just call up and ask who was handling my packet now. It is none of your business WHY he left recruiting nor will any good NCO inform you if it was for negative reasons. The only thing you need to know is who is filling his shoes.

go ahead and ask him. not a big deal.

Sorry guys I seem to have not expressed myself correctly. I meant to ask whether or not why my recruiter isn't here or not is something that they would be allowed to tell me, not whether or not speaking to the SNCOIC (who btw is my new recruiter) was appropriate or not. My mistake , from now on I'll come back five minutes later and reread my post before I submit it. When you read right after typing you still have all your ideas in your head so you read it the way you want it to be read.

Iseethelight- thanks. I guess I'll never know then

thank you all

It may be a criminal matter or a personal matter either way you only need to know you have a new one, allowed to tell you may violate someones rights. Don't worry about him anymore ya dig

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mind your business.

What she said

this interests me, the same thing happened to me and the entire pool out where i live, we ended up finding out from our SNCOIC that our recruiter was being transferred...for reasons that would be undisclosed. anyways they ended up just transferring another Marine over to our station, and right now, three Marines are running an entire RSS, it's supposed to be 5 for our district, it's ridiculous. but we didnt have a recruiter for like two weeks. sucks, but just wait they'll send over someone to help out.

Good post Spears

Honestly, why he left is none of your concern. If they wanted you to know, they would tell you. Since they didn't, assume you don't need to know. The only way it would matter to you is if they had done paperwork on you, and he had done it improperly. Since that isn't the case, just talk with the new guy.

There are a myriad of reasons why he may no longer be your recruiter. It could be an issue where he wasn't doing his job properly and he has been assigned elsewhere. It could be a personal issue that is nobody's business but his own. It could be that the FMF was in need of people with his skills and he has been sent back to the fleet, and that could fall under OPSEC. Who knows why, as long as there is someone to fill out paperwork and get people to MEPS it isn't that important.

Thread Information