Women Marines - how is your attitude? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
    Please reconsider, we will not all cheat, whatever the circumstances.
    It was a bit of an exaggeration... an example of how everyone can get lumped into a category unfairly.... but it was only a BIT of an exaggeration...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlene Horton View Post
    That made for dozens of great times in the "Slop chute" and the bars outside the base in Havelock and Morehead City.* Sure, there were times when I was unsure of the intentions of some Marines, there were also a lot who defended us.*
    lol, I'm sure some of their intentions were not in your best interest, but I too loved going out to bars with other male Marines. In Jacksonville, a good bar to go to when I was there was called The Marina. In Okinawa, forgetaboutit!!!!!!!! Crazy crazy times.... too many bars to mention... or remember.. but I think the one that was always wild was called Manhattan's. I remember getting drunk with my buddies and crowd surfing to the Police song "Every Breath you Take." Da** I miss those times

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Hell yeah I got an attitude! I went through the same things you other women went through. Even now, I have Marine Corps stickers and my tag says "WM4LIFE" and some will still ask "is your husband in the Corps, who do you know in the Corps", blah, blah, blah. When I was in I heard "I don't know why they let women in MY Marine Corps!" all the time. It never bothered me - I had they same problem with some WM's that they had. I hated that I cared enough to NOT be a burden on the Unit and they thought they were too special to do the same. I knew I was stepping into a man's world straight out the gate - I didn't expect any kind of special treatment just because my tail is split.
    I know exactly what you mean... sometimes when I am wearing my Marine Corps League "gear" someone will ask "where did you get that shirt?" Inside my head I am thinking "Where the **** do you think I got it?" or sometimes I want to respond "I just beat the crap outta some old WWII Marine at the VFW and stole his ****!" but.... I usually just say "I'm a member, I used to be in the Corps." They are always pleasantly surprised and will ask me questions that I pleasantly answer....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Mother Goose don't be Grimm!
    I'm going to TRY and lighten up!!

Quote Originally Posted by anewpariah View Post
    Now i've been a little over two years. Long enough to know good from bad. I've worked my azz off and never complained about a hike or tried to "shimmy" my way out of PT. Now i have 2 njps and both those are on the account of another WM's mouth (meeting my fist). Now it's not my agenda to go around and beat in my sister's faces, but when they talk back all day and complain and then try to get personal with me... things go wrong. Because the way i see it is that i'm a female Marine too, i'm definitly girly (out of uniform) and we all went through the same training, so suckitthe****up.
    So last night being at the Chargers game for military appreciation night in Charlies around other male Marines and my one sister, it made me realize how truly few we are. The fewest and proudest (at least for myself and the ones I know). Last night was the first night I was thanked before a male Marine standing right next to me. Usually they don't even look my way. So being conditioned to do my own thing and still hold my head up high i was quite shocked. When i woke up this morning i had a feeling of re-motovation. It definitly lifted my spirits.

I know not all male or female Marines are the same. I give props to infantry because most females bodies aren't made to do what you do. sorry if you disagree ladies, it's science. (but that doesn't mean we couldn't hang)
    Hey that's some good s***, too bad you got NJP'd for it though .

btw, I agree with you about the infantry, my exhusband was an 0341 and I couldn't believe all the stuff they had to do on a weekly basis. There's no way I could have done that. He taught me all kinds of infantry knowledge. The term "dumb grunts" do NOT do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by jarheadlady View Post
    first, we teachers went back to work this week, its been hectic.
    da*n I bet you are an awesome teacher too. What grade do you teach? I saw an article last week or so that a town in Texas wants to allow teachers to carry firearms. What's your take on this?? Have you ever had to pull out your Gunnery Sergeant toolbox to deal with a student?

Quote Originally Posted by DevildogAlways View Post
    U said it...
    HEY LITTLE SISTER,YOU NEED TO BEEF UP YOUR PROFILE....CHECK IT OUT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm telling ya'll.................this one is getting ready to go south FAST! Think we could move it to the Hooch - I'm beginning to sense something not right.

DevildogAlways - you're beginning to raise a few eyebrows around here by not filling out that profile. Something has been said several times now and you're still an E1 with 15 years of service?

WTF...i step into a donnybrook?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    a what?

someone come out like they went in?

Sorry...slow postin...a fight.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Want me to take it south, Sis? or is it your turn????

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sparkie................commence fire

So I am here... again been busy. As to you, SSGT... No, I do not have to pull anything "out of my GySgt toolbox" to control the students in my classroom. Its called respect. They have it for me. I teach high school special education classes. Any other questions?

Thread Information