disrespect for the uniform - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    All I have other than PLDC is the Army overseas ribbon. I wont wear that rainbow one ever that they give out at the end of basic training.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewebe View Post
    All I have other than PLDC is the Army overseas ribbon. I wont wear that rainbow one ever that they give out at the end of basic training.

The only people that actually wear the gay pride ribbon are fresh privates that don't have any other ribbons to wear, I remember hating having to wear a dress uniform because of that ribbon.

Thanks for reminding me about that ribbon and giving me a good laugh!

At a memorial dedication we had a army major in my home town wearing the silver star and and the purple heart among other ribbons. Short story, he had never been to Viet Nam and didn't rate any of the ribbons. Well he was tried and convicted. That is a federal law.

Serves the idiot right, if you didn't earn ribbons or medals you have no right to wear them. To me it shows disrepect to the ones who have earned the right the wear them, who has earned through blood, sweat and tears. They ought to hang the jackass and all those like him.

No John you are not, Iwas told the same thing in Boot Camp, To wear the Marine Uniform is earn. My DI's told us that if we saw anyone wearing the uniform and they are not a Marine to beat the hell out of them for wearing the uniform. Maybe I'm old school Marine Corps but that company in Dallas needs to have a visit from Marines to let them know how we feel about it, Marine Corps style.

I would still say that she don't rate to wear the uniform even if she is Paris Hilton and by her wearing it is disrespectful to those who have earned the right.

speaking of, watch this video I believe two of the dancers have Marine Corp. chevrons on their sleeves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KKGDl9eM8

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Lowrider Magazine cover

Here's a partial picture of the Lowrider Magazine cover that I mentioned earlier. Although quite not evident, the model is wearing a Lance Corporal rank but, heh, who noticed? LOL

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lowrider.jpg‎
Views:	145
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5914  

At my graduation there was this kid that was wearing a jacket with a bunch of patches all over it. On the arms he has Marine Corps chevrons that were the rank of Gunnery Sergeant. My grandpa was a Gunny and had passed away a couple months prior so I was already wishing he could be there and started to get a little ****ed. I walked up to the kid and first asked if he had any relation or friends that were in the Marine Corps. I figured even though it was stupid to be wearing them I didn't want act like an ass and find out his dad served or something like that. He didn't even know what they stood for. I was like "You have no F******* idea what you're wearing ass hole. That is earned. I suggest you take off your coat, turn it inside out, and take those the f*** off when you get home." He actually took his coat off and turned it inside out.

Thread Information