hrscowboy (update) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by drillinstructor View Post
    Thanks Jim, I know he will come out swinging.

Semper Fi

We need to have a leatherneck reunion some time, sit around talk stories and who knows what else............

Hell yeah brother...we really do...yeah I know Tom will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed soon...

Thanks Dave ,for the update,all my prayers to my brother Cowboy.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The last thing old TOM said to me was to "KEEP THE BOYS UPDATED", So that is what I am trying to do. I will get the hospital information and room number and such tonight when I talk to his mom, or Michelle, then I'll pass it on to you fellows.

Tim it came on rather suddenly so no one knew very much very long. His condition is genetic and as you know he lost two brothers to heart attacks rather close together, so maybe this will get us some more time to enjoy the old Cowboy for a few more years. The doc said he is in good condition and is still young enough that he should be back to raising hell in no time at all. I know I join you in wishing him well and a speedy recovery.

Big Jim, I will pass on your message, he should appreciate that from you. We don't always appreciate what we have in our friends until we almost loose one, brothers!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for the update, Dave. The cantankerous one has been on my mind lately and I pray that he has a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    The last thing old TOM said to me was to "KEEP THE BOYS UPDATED", So that is what I am trying to do. I will get the hospital information and room number and such tonight when I talk to his mom, or Michelle, then I'll pass it on to you fellows.

Tim it came on rather suddenly so no one knew very much very long. His condition is genetic and as you know he lost two brothers to heart attacks rather close together, so maybe this will get us some more time to enjoy the old Cowboy for a few more years. The doc said he is in good condition and is still young enough that he should be back to raising hell in no time at all. I know I join you in wishing him well and a speedy recovery.

Big Jim, I will pass on your message, he should appreciate that from you. We don't always appreciate what we have in our friends until we almost loose one, brothers!

Semper Fi,

Dave
    Thank you so much Dave...yeah...they broke the mold after they made Marines like you and Tom...I know we'll all be sitting round the camp fire drinkin some beers and telling some stories soon, my brother...until then...you and Cowboy have my undying friendship and loyalty......

Well, I don't know this Cowboy person named Tom, but I have already said a prayer for him and his family and friends and will continue to pray for him until I have the obvious pleasure of talking to him myself. Tell him for me, Dave, that his new friend Deb is praying for him too and can't wait for him to say "HI"!

Tell that old Marine, we will be saying a few prayers

He Should Be Home Thursday, Friday At The Most. God Speed Tom. Been There Done That But Only Had A Double. I.c.u. Sucks. Then Its The Up And Walking Thing, Plus Up And Down Stairs Before You Get To Leave. Hint Tom, Keep Walking Alot When Ya Get Home But Don't Push It To Hard. It Pays Offs On Getting Moto Again Like A True Marine. Ha Ha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Chopper, you old Fart, I was wondering where you had been. I will pass that along to him for you Brother.

Tom is doing real good, he was up an sitting in a chair three or four times today, but he went right back to bed, His mom said they got him up then, with a walker, and walked him a little ways, three times today.

The old fool knows what the pillow is for now, hehe, his mom had told him, as you guys did, that it would be his best friend! He is in a regular room as of noon today and doing fine.

I have his address if anyone wants it, PM me! I asked his mom if he'd get mad if I sent flowers, she said he'd be glad to get them. I said he could take them home and sit them next to his desk and spit in the pot if nothing else. She got a good laugh with that!

Semper Fi my brothers and sisters,

Dave

bro your in our thoughts and prayers Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    bump

davblay thanks for keeping us informed gald to hear Cowboy is doing good. And you show why the Marines is a Brotherhood like no other Semper Fi to you both

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just got off the phone with Old Cowboys Misses, she said that physically the old man is doing fine and healing well. He's giving everybody hell though, something about wanting to go home or something. He saw the plant I sent him and wanted to know where they come from, she read the card to him and he said "That dam'd old Dave, leave it to him to send a man flowers".

He's still got a few glitches to overcome before he can go home, but he's a tough old Fart and he'll get his head and butt wired together in a day or two, I am sure of it. He'll be back on here giving us all hell for worrying about him.

Lets continue to remember him in our prayers, he ain't out of the fire yet!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Thread Information