Quick Question
Create Post

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

If I choose Combat Support, what are my chances of getting artillery? I know its random, but I would just like to know whether I have a good or small chance. Thanks.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well I guess take everything there is in the Combat Support field, say its 20 (I have no idea how many there are because Combat Support is not my field). Your chance would be 1/20. LOL. It depends on what the Corps needs. That question cant really be answered.

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think you actually have a good chance of getting it. Alot of guys want to go grunt. I think your chances are pretty good at artillery.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

If your talking about ground option 3 of my buddies got arty that way.

-LCPL Penfold

If you want arty why don't you just get that as your OCC field instead of combat support?

Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    If you want arty why don't you just get that as your OCC field instead of combat support?
    I asked my recruiter for a 0800 contract...he didn't have any. And I also thought that 0811 would be easier to get by CE.

I'm in Ground Option and i know Artillery is in that job field. I requested Infantry then Combat Support and Ground Option last and they had no spots for the first two. Kinda sucks i really wanted to be Infantry

I, too, picked the CE contract. And quite honestly, Ill be happy with any job in that field. They all sound like a blast (literally) to me.

Oh by the way, what is this ground option you guys are talking about?

i know there is a thread in the poolee hall that's called Ground Option and lists all the jobs available i'm not sure what they all are but i know Artillery is in there

Am I really saying this again. Damn. If you want a certain MOS in the Marine Corps you have to do two things...

Don't take no for an answer!
    and...
    Be Patient and Wait!

Of course no 17-18 year old can wait for what he wants especially in this new internet world. Go through my posts and read how many times I have said something on this. You can almost always get the job you want if you can hold out for it. Just do not ship until you get the job you want. PERIOD.

It worked for me and I couldn't be happier being an infantry Marine. I don't know how many PM's I have in my box saying thank you, or times in chat I have been told thank you for the advice because I got the job I wanted and it wasn't that hard. Just pressure the recruiter. Believe me he wants you to go to bootcamp as much as you want to go. Just dont take "there's no open spots for an answer." All the new spots will open up in October if all else fails and you should at least have an easier chance.

Thread Information