Letters to recruits....
Create Post

Letters to recruits....

I want to send a letter to my buddy who is currently at parris island. I want to put pictures on the letter, but I need to know EXACTLY what's appropriate and whats not... can someone help me?

You can send anything that does not have exposed genitals. Bikini's were fine with our drill instructors but they will not allow you to have nude photographs.

Send him a box of cookies.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirlin501 View Post
    I want to send a letter to my buddy who is currently at parris island. I want to put pictures on the letter, but I need to know EXACTLY what's appropriate and whats not... can someone help me?

dkirlin501,

Your profile doesn't list you as in the DEP. Is that your plan, to sign a contract and go to Boot Camp? If so, send your buddy whatever you would want sent to you at Boot. His DI's might like some provacative photos of hotties for the hog board. Keep in mind that what comes around goes around. If you go to Boot, I'm sure he will return any favors if you decide to mess with him. Let the games begin.

May Dad sent me a recruting letter from the navy. If I didn't feel sorry for the old man I would have snapped his neck when I seen him. I paid hard on the quarterdeck for that one.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer56328 View Post
    May Dad sent me a recruting letter from the navy. If I didn't feel sorry for the old man I would have snapped his neck when I seen him. I paid hard on the quarterdeck for that one.

LOL - Parents are exempt for the neck-snapping penalty for messing with Marine recruits - Particularly military parents. Too funny!

SFi
    C

How about a box o chocolates?

yeah... we seen that before... the DI's ate it... two of them came out with chocolate on they're mouths and started going around yelling at everybody.... you know, so you can see they ate the chocolate.

another had a box of power bars and they made him eat ALLLLL of them, I don't think he **** for a week after that... can you imagine the pain?

Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Some girl sent Dev a box o cookies when he was in boot. His Kill Hat made him eat the whole box and then they went on a senic run around MCRDSD till he puked.

I got one too...

We had this one kid, Kline. Friggin nasty, non-marching pick-up.

He had a Easter bunny sent to him,, like a 12 inch solid chocolate one. The DI's were already tired of the cookies and candy being sent so like a week before this they told us to write home and tell our parent to stop sending the crap. So then like a week later, Kline gets his bunny in the mail. The DI's shoved that thing in his mouth like a tree going into a wood chipper. Fastest Easter bunny ever ate, right there, call Guinness.

Then a few weeks later he had a can of Copenhagen sent to him. Man, that was nasty. They asked him if he dipped, and he said no. They told him to get out his canteen and open it, and then told him to tip[his head back, and then they dumped the can of dip into his sewer. Then they told him to wash it down with a canteen. Man, he puked everywhere.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! great!!

Man, that dip thing is freakin' nasty! When I first hit the fleet I thought I was good to go and like some kind of idiot I was dipping in formation....yeah, that was last freakin' time I ever did that chit! I always have messed with my buddies that were at boot camp, since there's no way they can get me back in the same manner now. They are always Sgt. Maj. or General somebody and I always put some nasty present in the letter for them, anything from confetti to talcum powder, or at least I used to that one, I love to hear their stories about the sweat they left on the quarter deck...Good Training!!!!

i am posting this one for my dad an honorably discharged marine (JIMMIE)
    my dad got to boot was there about 2 weeks this was in like 64 or something well anyway he decided he wanted to go home... even i know there is only 2 ways off the island and according to my dad there was no buses running so he decided to try and swim swamp ocean i dont know anyway he got caught he said he had to hang on the iron cross until his DI'S got TIRED? just hang there... then when he got caught with a pack of smokes during training on board ship well i guess ill let him tell that one

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Opps. My recurite asked for gator aid and power bars. I sent like 30 power bars. And I also put in a bag of Lyndt choclates. Hope he doesn't have to eat all that in one sitting.. LOL

I recieved a telegram from my parents wishing me a Happy 18th B-day a couple of weeks into Boot Camp.My Senior Drill Instructor SSGT.Clancy gave me my Birthday trashing that night up on the Quarterdeck.Thanks for bringing back memories of the good ol days,LOL

Thread Information