Question Regarding USMC Shirts - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tell him to wear it. If anyone asks he can proudly say "My son is a US Marine".

It's not like he's some rapper wearing a halfassed dress uniform with bogus medals.

Montana - I sure got a laugh out of your comment about the pink cowboy shirt. I remember when I was in high school (graduated in the great class of 59!!!) it was a no-no to wear a yellow shirt on Thursdays, because only gays (we didn't use that term back then - I don't even think it was invented yet) wore yellow. And as for pink!!! That was for women. And guess what - to this day I still have trouble bringing myself to wear pink or yellow. Of course it isn't all that hard because I won't own any apparel in those colors anyway.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

But it's not like he's pose'n, if anyone said anything he could respond with a "my son is a US Marine" and nobody should say a damn thing then.
    He fathered a Marine and he deserves to wear our t-shirt if he wants! If anything is said, tell them "My son is a Marine', that makes him one by proxy! WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Yup. Wear it. It gives him a chance to say "No, I'm not, but my SON IS!"

To wear a commercial shirt with the EGA would only indicate that the person wearing it is "sympathetic" to the Marine Corps.He has every right to wear the shirt,make him!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    His absolute respect is showing for not wearing the shirt, and I respect that. However Tell him I said, Put it on, Marine Dad. 'Cause we respect him, too.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My son sometimes wears a USMC shirt or hat,it shows the respect he has for me and the Marine Corps,nuf said

I feel as a Marine, that if someone who is not a Marine wants to wear it, and wear it in a way that would not be degrading (with holes, ripped up, etc....trashy looking ya know?) then i have no problems with it and i enjoy seeing it. If its worn in a way that would represent the Marine Corps in a bad way then of course i would not like that. Otherwise go for it.

Another vote for Wear it here.

Credits
    Savings
    Put it on. As the Dad of a Marine, he has earned the right to wear it. Semper Fi, Dad, and thanks for letting us have you son!!!

It makes me happy when my father wears a Marine shirt. It's his way of saying he's proud of me and what I decided to do with my life. Like the father of a kid going to Harvard, they never went there themselves but they'll proudly wear the sweater.

He should wear it.

Tell him this:
    My dad is in the Army, my brother is a Marine from 'Hollywood' and I'm from PI! What shirt does he wear, without bother of risking his manhood?? 4TH BN!!! YEA!! That's right, a 4th BN shirt. Granted it does not have a huge Eagle Globe and Anchor on it, but none the less, it makes me happy because he wears it. (heh... and he's in the Army..)

I wear a Marines shirt all the time, and if somebody asks me, i just say "no, not yet."

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have several shirts but they say "Marine Parent", "The Few, The Proud My Son" "or "Marine Corps Dad" but when I hear Semper FI, or Orah, I proudly say it's my son!!!

I have yet to catch grief except from the "Libs" and I take that as a badge of honor!

I am with your old man.

He should not wear it.

Thread Information