Question Regarding USMC Shirts
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question Regarding USMC Shirts

I recently bought my husband a USMC shirt with a really big yellow Eagle Globe and Anchor on both the front and back of the shirt.

He won't wear the shirt because he feels that he is disrespecting the Marine Corp because he is not a Marine. I told him that he is the father of a Marine and should wear the shirt with pride. I have many USMC shirts that I proudly wear on a daily basis.

Can someone please tell me if I can go home and slap him upside the head (joking of course) and tell him to put the shirt on, or is he correct in saying that he should not be wearing these shirts? He said that if the shirt said "Father of a Marine" then he would have no problems wearing them.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks!

It would be ackward if someone asked him thats all

Credits
    Savings
    There's no rule, and he's not impersonating someone he's not. How many people own NFL hats who weren't in the NFL, or NASCAR shirts etc...they are supporters, and so is this man. USMC is his favorite team....I kinda like him already.

...that's my 2 cents.

SFi
    C

I admire that he feels that since he is not a Marine he won't wear a shirt with USMC on it, but he is the father of a Marine and part of the extended family. The wearing of the USMC shows pride and respect for the Corps that his son represents. Don't smack him though. Maybe some one on one time with your Corps colors on can convince him LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsMom View Post
    I recently bought my husband a USMC shirt with a really big yellow Eagle Globe and Anchor on both the front and back of the shirt.

He won't wear the shirt because he feels that he is disrespecting the Marine Corp because he is not a Marine. I told him that he is the father of a Marine and should wear the shirt with pride. I have many USMC shirts that I proudly wear on a daily basis.

Can someone please tell me if I can go home and slap him upside the head (joking of course) and tell him to put the shirt on, or is he correct in saying that he should not be wearing these shirts? He said that if the shirt said "Father of a Marine" then he would have no problems wearing them.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks!

check this one out

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Products/M...PID-TS788.aspx

he might be proud to wear this one... there are others too

He should wear it with Pride.He is just showing his support for his son and the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndCEBSupply View Post
    It would be awkward if someone asked him thats all
    I can see that...

But it's not like he's pose'n, if anyone said anything he could respond with a "my son is a US Marine" and nobody should say a damn thing then.

In my humble opinion.

I can see why he might feel odd, and it makes me a little proud knowing that, but like it or not all parents of Marines are indirectly Marines, if you know what I mean.

I don't worry too much about the guys looking 50 [no offense to your husband, ma'am] walking around wearing USMC T-shirts, who cares. Maybe their - uncles, cousins, sisters, half-brother who used to be married to his wife was, or be?

BFD

Buy him another shirt at one of the sites that donates the profits to the surviving families of Marines KIA, then maybe he'll feel something different?

I recently bought my husband a USMC shirt with a really big yellow Eagle Globe and Anchor on both the front and back of the shirt
    hhmm sounds loud.
    I lament and miss not having somebody telling me what i need to wear and for what reasons. NOT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    <-------<<< wont wear that purdy pink cowboy shirt my wife bought me..she said its just a color and you would look good in it.....i aint wearing no pink shirt....agree with the Slinger

I Agree W/what Every Marine Has Told You! Even Though He Is Not A Marine, The Two Of You Made A Marine! So I Think He Deserves The Right To Show His Support! He's Not Pretending To Be Something He's Not. He's The Father Of A Marine!...let Evryone Know What Your Son Is Doing For Our Country!!! Thank You By The Way!...the Families,don't Get The Recognition Of There Sacrifices! While There Loved Ones Are Serving...it Takes Us All To Make It In This World!even In The Rear ,at Home!.....we Are Family!!!!!!

Tell him to put it on and wear it with the PRIDE he has for his son and our Corps. If his gut hangs out, buy him a belt.

Tell him to wear the shirt! Or as others have said buy him some Marine dad ones. My husband wears stuff with EGAs on them and when folks ask, he says "No, I just support my father in law, my wife or my son" depending on what flies out of his mouth at the moment! LOL What I really cant stand is moms of Marines that go and get HUGE EGA TATTOOS on their arms that says "Mother of a Marine" or worse "USMC". That is disgusting.

Tell him to wear it. Just remember when he gets hit on by a Hooter's waitress that chicks dig Marines and YOU told him to wear it. The worse that could happen is your son gets a Hooter's waitress phone number...

Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If you havent washed it yet you could always take it to a t-shirt shop and have "Proud Marine Dad" put on it. But I really wouldnt worry about it to much, like the Marines here say, you and Dad are part of the Marine family! I have a few... well several... OK 7 or 8 Proud Dad shirts both T and Golf (got one on today in fact says The Few, The Proud, My Son). I wear them to work at least 2 or 3 times a week! Of course my office looks like a shrine or a Recruiters Office with all the pics of Dev and Marine stuff in it! LOL

that's motivating DsDad... you sound like you get stuff from grunt.com

Thread Information