Marines I need your help badly - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This isn't the first post I've seen like this,,,,, A Seminar Poster? "Ge, Lions, Tigers, and Bears,, Oh, My".
    Is code pink here, or what?
    Now Here This,,,, This is a Marine Corps Site,,, All you will get from the Brotherhood is name, rank, and serial number, and an azz kickin.
    We don't give up our wounded, our dead, our objective, or our resolve.
    Have the onions to be a Marine,,,, Or go away.

OK, Sparkie is done now.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Okay Marines I don't think i need another mindset to be a Marine. I'm physically and mentally ready. People in the Marine Reserve have a different mindsets than those in the active duty. Those who joins the Reserve wants to be part of Marine Corps and do their regular civilian life also. I've met many people who are Marines and are in the finance industry, so I don't think that hinders me to fight or protect my country and fellow Marines. But, those people are not infantry that's why i came here to ask questions. I'm committed to the contract that I sign, but would take the shorter version since the Marine Corps offers it, the reason they offers it is because Marine Corps is trying to accommodate people who are in the situation like me. Don't get me wrong everybody is different, but we all have one same goal as a Marine.

Alright Ben, when you get called to Active Duty, and you're told you're going to Garmsir in Afghanistan for 9 months, what are you gonna say?

Quote Originally Posted by BenW523 View Post
    Okay Marines I don't think I need another mindset to be a Marine. I'm physically and mentally ready. People in the Marine Reserves have a different mindsets than those in the active duty. Those who joins the Reserves wants to be part of Marine Corps and do their regular civilian life also. I've met many people who are Marines and are in the finance industry, so I don't think that hinders me to fight or protect my country and fellow Marines. But, those people are not infantry that's why I came here to ask questions. I'm committed to the contract that I sign, but would take the shorter version since the Marine Corps offers it, the reason they offer it is because Marine Corps is trying to accommodate people who are in a situation like me. Don't get me wrong everybodyis different, but we all have the same goal as a Marine.
    Sorry, I'm going in as a Combat Correspondent so I thought I should practice editing. I'm just wondering where you learned how to spoke.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

What?????

Quote Originally Posted by dhenderson88 View Post
    Sorry, I'm going in as a Combat Correspondent so I thought I should practice editing. I'm just wondering where you learned how to spoke.
    Where you learned to spoke? ROFLMAO. That is truely one in a million,,,,,,,,

Go on a Safari hunt in Africa. You can party it up with everyone at night and then go out and shoot some animals the next day, see some sweet action! You could tell your friends about all the things you shot. You could even stay for a week or two if you are willing to commit that much time to it. The best part is that you can come home whenever you want and there is no real commitment whatsoever. Oh, and the animals won't shoot back so you and your mom can rest assured that you will stay safe. I think I fixed your problem. Except for the bonding and brotherhood stuff... maybe you could bring some friends.

You're welcome.

Ben,
    Well, I’ll give you this bud, you have managed to stir up a sh** storm with this post, but I will try to help you out.
    1. Stay with the Amphib program…here’s why, you are guaranteed a ride everywhere you go. Why run when you can walk, why walk when you can ride?
    2. Marines, by nature, party like crazy…we were born in a bar for Pete’s sake.
    3. Mom will get use to the fact that you are in the Marines. She may not like it, but she will get use to it.
    4. Forget the machismo BS about dying as a grunt in Iraq or Afghanistan. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen. The MOS is immaterial.
    5. The social life of an infantryman is no worse than the social life of any Marine; it’s what YOU make of it that matters.
    6. The life of an infantryman is this: eat, walk, shoot, eat, walk, shoot, eat, walk, sleep. Repeat.
    7. Most of the Reservists I know are on their 2nd if not 3rd tour. You wear a uniform you will see either Iraq or Afghanistan. In short, you will get shot at.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Stay out of the stock market too....the market is already volatile and we don't need it messed up any more!

RESERVES AND ACTIVE ARE ALL Marines GET THAT IN YOUR MINDSET OR YOUR LOST!

When your at a stock brokers party and somebody passes the pipe....or you get wild and crazy....you are STILL A Marine! And subject to ALL the rules and regulations of such....considering you make it in the Marines.

And food for thought...turn on your favorite news channel and see how many reserve units are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan so your unit can be activated at anytime!

People from New York tend to talk alot and fast. That's why the boy post's like someone is going to take the mic. from him!

Quote Originally Posted by BenW523 View Post
    Okay Marines I don't think i need another mindset to be a Marine. I'm physically and mentally ready. People in the Marine Reserve have a different mindsets than those in the active duty. Those who joins the Reserve wants to be part of Marine Corps and do their regular civilian life also. I've met many people who are Marines and are in the finance industry, so I don't think that hinders me to fight or protect my country and fellow Marines. But, those people are not infantry that's why i came here to ask questions. I'm committed to the contract that I sign, but would take the shorter version since the Marine Corps offers it, the reason they offers it is because Marine Corps is trying to accommodate people who are in the situation like me. Don't get me wrong everybody is different, but we all have one same goal as a Marine.

there is no such thing as joining the 4th div infantry... those billets are reserved for former infantry and/or people who can really hack it.... there is no such thing as a shorter version... and FYI I am in the reserves right now, for the majority of reservists out there I would say they joined the reserves and not active duty for family or friends and possibly a long held job they have, not because they wanted to start a new career and being able to put Marine on your resume. If you've already made your mind up why are you here? why are you spouting off this pointless and arguably weak-minded crap?

Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz View Post
    Go on a Safari hunt in Africa. You can party it up with everyone at night and then go out and shoot some animals the next day, see some sweet action! You could tell your friends about all the things you shot. You could even stay for a week or two if you are willing to commit that much time to it. The best part is that you can come home whenever you want and there is no real commitment whatsoever. Oh, and the animals won't shoot back so you and your mom can rest assured that you will stay safe. I think I fixed your problem. Except for the bonding and brotherhood stuff... maybe you could bring some friends.

You're welcome.
    are you a Marine yet? 'cause that was truely a Marine thing to say!!! hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a *gasp* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Awww i have been trying realy hard to keep my trap shut but.........Join the Trac Reserves and get shot at by Americans. If you think i am joking the 4th Assault Amphib Bn is stationed in Katrina land for a reason. They built their base there after Katrina cause they already know they will be doing it all over again, As for 3rd Assault Amphib Bn they are already in Iraq doing road security and 2nd Assault Amphib Bn just got extended with 24 MEU and the Provisional Rifle Company for the 3rd time. Oh My! that leaves 1st CAB and they are spread all over East Asia and Korea. Sorry Buddy no where to hide there. Well there is always Wal Mart they do not care who they hire!

Last edited by ttracker65; 07-30-08 at 08:42 PM. Reason: missed something

Hey Ben,there's always "WALLY WORLD"..........

****in' Tracs is a wonderful MOS to have. Wish I were a true tracker. From 3rd Trax, all the Marines just attach to infantry battalions and deploy as provisional infantry (in response to Achped's post). One of the most deployed Bn's in the Corps, to boot.

But what in the shiat is this, "Infantry is where the REAL brotherhood is at?" and "I want to party alot because that's living my life to the fullest."

Yeah, I party alot, so does everyone else in the Corps. However, if that to you is an enlistment "incentive" and a priority...you're pretty ****ed. Your priorities and what you hold dear are severely out of sorts and I don't want the likes of you in my Corps.

Wanting to join to get out as fast as possible...you're ALREADY a ****bird and you havn't even gotten to T1 in bootcamp. Yes, that's right, bootcamp, NOT ****ING BASIC TRAINING. Asshat.

And Cpl Haffner you are a True Tracker in my Books Thank You for your Service to Our Country my Marine Corps and particularly to my Beloved 3rd Assault Amphib Bn.

Thread Information