Leadership in Boot Camp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Let me clarify on the question of how a DI's mind works: Does anyone know what he is thinking as he screams down your neck? Is he truly ****ed off as hell at you or is it all a act/show.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    Let me clarify on the question of how a DI's mind works: Does anyone know what he is thinking as he screams down your neck? Is he truly ****ed off as hell at you or is it all a act/show.
    Well the DI doesn't wake up mad. He awakes, gets dressed and walks into the squadbay and someone pushes his buttons! Is he truly pizzed? Well someone screws up on something that he spent many hours teaching the correct way to do, would he be pizzed?

Drill Instructors are Trainers, not actors! There is no other way of wording this question, so there is no other answer!

Dave

I understand, I was under the impression that the Drill Instructers woke you up in the morning screaming their heads off and continued screaming all day(not that I will mind, I will love it all).

My dad(4 years army and 24 years retired Coast Guard) said that his Drill Instructers would throw metal barrels down the middle of the bunk house and start screaming and turning peoples matresses over and stuff like that, LOL.

Credits
    Savings
    I understand, I was under the impression that the Drill Instructers woke you up in the morning screaming their heads off and continued screaming all day(not that I will mind, I will love it all).

My dad(4 years army and 24 years retired Coast Guard) said that his Drill Instructers would throw metal barrels down the middle of the bunk house and start screaming and turning peoples matresses over and stuff like that, LOL.

WOW, that's awesome!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Big Al,,,, So whats new??????? If thats all they did,,, It was a good day.

Believe me it isn't as hard to get the job as it is to lose it. I didn't become a squad leader until about week 3, but I kept it until the end. You have to be good at everything. Leadership, motivation, not screwing up yourself, drill, initiative, etc. etc. I was lucky enough to show that I could accomplish this. Being one of these positions is no joke. You will get killed on nearly a daily basis. You will be responsible for ever action taken by every individual in your squad....OH WELL HOLY ****...SOUNDS LIKE THE MARINE CORPS. If you have it you have it now....otherwise you can learn from others gain advice, take the good and leave the bad and gain it on your own. Only if you are willing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    WOW, that's awesome!!

Whats awsome about that?! ROFL.

Shure wakeing up at 4:30 a.m to frantic recruits running around then spending the day doing that fun PT is awsome but...

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Big Al,,,, So whats new??????? If thats all they did,,, It was a good day.

I just realized what that meant. Bring it on is all I have to say.

Credits
    Savings
    Whats awsome about that?! ROFL.

Shure wakeing up at 4:30 a.m to frantic recruits running around then spending the day doing that fun PT is awsome but...
    Simply a tongue in cheek reply to an act/issue that has been going on for YEARS, (unless it has been stopped so as not to wreck the minds of innocent recruits).

Question for you - Did you graduate high school?

Credits
    Savings

I just realized what that meant. Bring it on is all I have to say.
    Sparkies reply, was ALSO, tongue in cheek, and NO, you did not GET it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Sparkies reply, was ALSO, tongue in cheek, and NO, you did not GET it.

Well I guess I dont know what im talking about, sorry. I thought sparkie said that rolling barrels/tipping matresses ect. was nothing meaning BC was much worse.

Sorry if im makeing myself look stupid here but I dont know.

And no, I have not graduated Highschool yet Sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Well I guess I dont know what im talking about, sorry. I thought sparkie said that rolling barrels/tipping matresses ect. was nothing meaning BC was much worse.

Sorry if im makeing myself look stupid here but I dont know.

And no, I have not graduated Highschool yet Sir.
    While you are at it, look into some remedial English classes!

for those who haven't noticed by the first 7 posts.... each senior drill instructor runs **** his own way....

Look kid, if you want to be something bad enough, it won't happen. It's like watching the pot boil and it seems to never do it.

I would recommend that you go into boot camp with the attitude of becoming a United States Marine and forget all the other crap that can and will happen in boot camp, you are sounding like a glory hound and those son's-of-*****es get my Marines killed.

I'm glad you want to join my Corps, just do it for the right reasons and everything else will come with time, I promise you that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sir I have a shaved head already.
    I think you better eyeball my profile there grasshoppa - if I look like a "Sir" to you, I'm doing something wrong! It's OK sweetie, I assume all of you are little girls until I look at a profile.

Credits
    Savings
    What goes through a DI's mind? How do I make these piece of scum civilian pukes look and act like the finest fighting force in the world, ready to face every challenge and survive and do that to the best of my ability? TRAIN THEM HARD. TRAIN THEM WELL. START TRAINING BEFORE THE ENEMY WAKES UP. TRAIN THEM MORE EFFECTIVELY THAN THE ENEMY TRAINS. REPEAT. REPEAT. REPEAT. THE ENEMY MUST FEAR YOU. When you wake up each morning, THE DI WILL BE WAITING. OOOORAH!
    How do you become a leader? The DI will find the leader in you, and the leaders amongst you. Your opportunities await you, right behind the DI.

Thread Information