MCMAP lol Sorry
Create Post

Thread: MCMAP lol Sorry

MCMAP lol Sorry

Haha I know there's like 2 MCMAP threads already, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post inside them.
    So I was wondering, I know it says you need a certain amount of hours to move in belts. How do you get those hours? By going to classes? Like 2 hour classes everyday? Or going to Courses that last a couple of days?

Actually both, if you want to call training a class. You might do MCMAP for PT every now and then.

And of course there are the week long courses where you go to move up a belt. In those week long courses there is also sustainment training for the current belt you are.

Oh ok sweet.
    How do you go to the Week Long Courses? Bring it up the Chain of Command?

Quote Originally Posted by 119Wrestler View Post
    Oh ok sweet.
    How do you go to the Week Long Courses? Bring it up the Chain of Command?
    They are usually the ones who tell you.

It depends on where you are at but to sum up what some of the other Marines have told you and give you an example of the unit I am with....

We do MCMAP 2x a week which slowly works your way to your next belt. Thats about 2 hours a week of MCMAP so it takes awhile to move up in belts. But there are 1-2 week courses for grey/green belt its just some units are given maybe 2-3 slots and those are given to the most squared away Marines with the most intrest in it. There is also another way and thats if you can find a MCMAP Instructor and have them teach you after hours for 2-3 hours a day for 2 or 3 weeks you could probably advance a belt (lower belts). To be an instructor you have to go through an instructor course and from what I hear its a *****.

you said the courses were for lower belts. So how do you get the brown and black?
    And I'm really interested because I'm an MMA Fighter, I've done jiu jitsu 2 yrs, wrestled varsity since freshman, and a blackbelt in karate so that stuff interests me.
    At what belt can you become and instructor at MCRD? Because I know there is green belt instructor.

you said the courses were for lower belts. So how do you get the brown and black?
    And I'm really interested because I'm an MMA Fighter, I've done jiu jitsu 2 yrs, wrestled varsity since freshman, and a blackbelt in karate so that stuff interests me.
    At what belt can you become and instructor at MCRD? Because I know there is green belt instructor.
    Rank becomes a factor when you go beyond green belt.
    MCMAP green belt is the lowest class of instructor.
    Most of the SNCO's I knew had at least their brown belts. The ones that had the opportunity to go into black had prior experience in martial arts.

if you can prove you are a black belt in any form of fighting, they may issue you black with some "sustainment" training... but it's been a while since they started that little rule and it may have been repealed.

check into it though...

That rule has be canned again. Though a black belt in another art is require for the later degrees of black belt in MCMAP.

You must be at least a green belt in order to earn your instructor tab. Cpl is required for brown, and Sgt for black. Than it continues up a rank with each following degree of black. So it goes without saying but, in order to be an instructor trainer you have to be a Sgt.

There are waivers for rank.

The MCMAP MAITs at the recruit depots are also drill instructors. They usually are doing MCMAP there on their last year of their three year tour.

Oh ok.
    Thank you Marines.

Thread Information