Listen poolees and listen good. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Foxholes are where Foxes go to hide. Marines don't hide from a fight.
    ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS STATEMENT REALLY SHOWS HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPENT WITH ANY GRUNT UNIT...STAY IN THE REAR....REMF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Marine fights incoming motar/arty shell, Marine loses.
    Its called using the prone position and micro-terrain.
    With that a Marine is untouchable by hostile fire, at least thats what an SOI instructor told me once.

Quote Originally Posted by Adikt916 View Post
    Drinking under age is illegal to, but most Marines don't have a problem with that either. So I still find this confusing.

Getting drunk all the time seems more un proffesional, than *wanting* to smoke AFTER you get out. Again I am not defending drugs.

But I'll shut up now. Sorry.

Actually, I find this a valid point and worth discussing.

The fault with Marijuana is:
    a) it is illegal (a controlled substance)
    b) it is a generally acknowledged "starter" drug to harder drugs. Drugs which can and do affect the ability of an individual to function even after the initial effects of the drugs has worn off.

Alcohol is not illegal, though the irresponsible use of it generally leads to activity that is chargeable. The powers that be have sanctioned alcohol use (over the age of 21). That's just how it is. Since only an age barrier marks legality vice illegality, people find it easier to overlook the underage use of alcohol vice the completely, always illegal use of drugs.

Smoking pot also has been shown to alter a person's personality and ambition over long term use. Some would argue the same for alcohol, but you would be hard pressed to make the argument on the same scale. Different substances, different effects, different long-term effects... different regulations.

The bottom line is that by joining the Military, you agree to not use drugs. Period.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Foxholes are where Foxes go to hide. Marines don't hide from a fight.
    Rather, they are fighting holes. Foxholes are where the Army sleeps.

Credits
    Savings
    I now I am signing my death warrant for doing this....But when alot of Marines take pride in being drunkards, and brag about how much they drink I fail to establish what the difference is. Outside of the fact that it's illegal to smoke ganj.

Alchahol is worst for your body, and generally more people have problems with alchahol than pot, and worst problems than people that smoke pot.

Not that I am defending it, I just find it alittle hypocritical and confusing that people tell poolees to leave behind getting ****ed up, but then tell them to look forward to celebrating their 21st birthday in the Corps.

*Hides under flame retardent blanket*
    Alcohol ( please accept my correct spelling ) abuse IS just as bad as any drug abuse. You are correct that it's a hypocritical stance. The Lieutenant's statement is conclusive... "The bottom line is that by joining the Military, you agree to not use drugs. Period. " Alcohol is legal.

I was upset to hear that E-clubs don't exist anymore, for a little while anyways, and after soooo many good drunks. However, as an adult, I'll admit that my own alcohol abuse was not even remotely exemplary conduct for any Marine. So, legal it is. Remember to drink and act responsibly at all times. Who's the wise-guy that is gonna say I said "drink...at all times"????

"drink...at all times". Sorry Bro had to be the 1st. I agree with your statement because it applies to everyday life, not just the Marine Corps. Always drink responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS STATEMENT REALLY SHOWS HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPENT WITH ANY GRUNT UNIT...STAY IN THE REAR....REMF!!!
    I think Pete was some sort of a Grunt, 03XX, right? Not to mention he seems to have plenty of ribbons.

Now I wouldn't know the difference between a foxhole and a fighting hole as we only slept in hotels, or if we had to rough it, an Air Force base,

I now I am signing my death warrant for doing this....But when alot of Marines take pride in being drunkards, and brag about how much they drink I fail to establish what the difference is. Outside of the fact that it's illegal to smoke ganj.

Alchahol is worst for your body, and generally more people have problems with alchahol than pot, and worst problems than people that smoke pot.

Not that I am defending it, I just find it alittle hypocritical and confusing that people tell poolees to leave behind getting ****ed up, but then tell them to look forward to celebrating their 21st birthday in the Corps.

Alcohol you mean?

my question to you is since when has marijuana been a right of passage in the Marine Corps? I know its ****ty to say that's the case with alcohol(its not completely. if i'm speaking out of line correct me) but let me look at my own life for a moment and give you a reason why I abhor this behavior.

ME:
    I have done enough drugs to get a waiver for my waiver. This was all before I was 18 mind you. I joined when I was 20 and left drugs completely behind when I was 16. I hit the books hardcore in school and got into college. Did 2 years of college and then joined the marine corps. now.....I did this all the while only consuming alcohol to get inebriated.

My Friends: When I quit my job to pursue a life as a Marine my friends worked measly jobs around town. Best Buy, Sears, Stream(telemarketing company) and numerous other crap jobs. I left for boot camp, was gone for 3 months and didn't hear a thing from any of my friends outside of my true friends in the car club I belong to. I get home around christmas time from boot and instantly went over to one of my high school "friends" parties. This is the first time I saw them in 3 months mind you. They all were on the verge of over weight. still working the same jobs. all but 1 dropped out of college and had no intentions of returning. I was home over 4th of July. same situation still working the same part time jobs. these guys are no between 19-24 and doing absolutely nothing with their lives.

so I'm curious. what possibly could be harmful to you/your life/career with marijuana?

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Guess what? I am 16 years old, I live in a city full of "fake gangsters" kids smoking, ppl selling drugs and all that crap, the first time you get drunk here where I live is when you are 13-14 years old! You didnt know that uh? BUT! Guess what! I HAVE NEVER SMOKED A CIGARETTE, NOR MARIJUANA or toke any other drug! and you know why? Because I want to join the Marine Corps. And I want to be CLEAN 500% And of course I even do it for me.
    FVCK THE DRUGS AND ALL THAT CRAP IS JUST FOR LOOSERS.
    I don't care if my whole company smoke drugs and ****, I don't. It's not about oh well I live in a place where everyone smoke weed, so I do it too. fvck that! I'm going to be a US Marine. Not a frikin STUPID SMOKED PUNK ASS *****!
    Same for Alchool. I did drink beers. But I stopped. Wanna get in shape.

I WORK HARD TO SAVE THE MONEY FOR THE UNITED STATES! PLUS I STUDY FOR THE DIPLOMA!

I could make a lot of money selling drugs here, we got the **** from Naples, and you sell it in Milan. ALOT OF MONEY. But I said **** that.

IF I WANT SOMETHING, I WANNA EARN THAT SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Alcohol you mean?

my question to you is since when has marijuana been a right of passage in the Marine Corps? I know its ****ty to say that's the case with alcohol(its not completely. if i'm speaking out of line correct me) but let me look at my own life for a moment and give you a reason why I abhor this behavior.

ME:
    I have done enough drugs to get a waiver for my waiver. This was all before I was 18 mind you. I joined when I was 20 and left drugs completely behind when I was 16. I hit the books hardcore in school and got into college. Did 2 years of college and then joined the marine corps. now.....I did this all the while only consuming alcohol to get inebriated.

My Friends: When I quit my job to pursue a life as a Marine my friends worked measly jobs around town. Best Buy, Sears, Stream(telemarketing company) and numerous other crap jobs. I left for boot camp, was gone for 3 months and didn't hear a thing from any of my friends outside of my true friends in the car club I belong to. I get home around christmas time from boot and instantly went over to one of my high school "friends" parties. This is the first time I saw them in 3 months mind you. They all were on the verge of over weight. still working the same jobs. all but 1 dropped out of college and had no intentions of returning. I was home over 4th of July. same situation still working the same part time jobs. these guys are no between 19-24 and doing absolutely nothing with their lives.

so I'm curious. what possibly could be harmful to you/your life/career with marijuana?
    Yah and I know people in 50s that are alchaholics that sit in there parents house getting drunk all day. While someone I personally know still smokes pot and owns/runs a multimillion dollar trucking business. Who also happened to be a Marine in Vietnam by the way. He even drove 6 hours out of his way to come talk to me about joining, and told me all his horror stories to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. He obviously is a loser, and a nobody because he smokes pot. Clearly drinking leads to success while pot does not.

We can go around all day with personal experiences, and theory crafting but the point still stands.

It's hypocritical to tell people to leave behind getting ****ed up, when you tell them to look forward to it down the road.

It's hypocritical to tell people to not smoke pot because its illegal, but its ok if they drink alchahol underage.

It's hypocritical to tell people that do drugs their losers, when alchahol is a drug itself and abused by many more people than pot is or ever will be.

Also maybe your friends are content with their lives. Just because someone dosn't have as much ambition as you, and dosn't live up to YOUR standard of life or YOUR ideas dosn't make them worthless. That type of thinking got around 50 million people killed in the 30-40's.

this is the marine corps adikt,if you can't handle it or disagree with it.i would keep your mouth shut.your opinion means nothing until you've earned the right too share it with fellow marines.

hell your name is adikt,i wonder what that says about your character? fact is the marine corps has ZERO TOLERANCE for drugs,and strongly discourages alchohol abuse,marines who show up drunk for formation or get DUI's get punished,HARSHLY i might add.not like there getting away with it.

You seem to bring up drugs and other illegal things quite often...

Are you looking for some validation that what you do/have done/are going to do is alright?

Thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy... but that is the individual Marine(s), and shouldn't be assumed about all Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling View Post
    this is the marine corps adikt,if you can't handle it or disagree with it.i would keep your mouth shut.your opinion means nothing until you've earned the right too share it with fellow marines.

hell your name is adikt,i wonder what that says about your character? fact is the marine corps has ZERO TOLERANCE for drugs,and strongly discourages alchohol abuse,marines who show up drunk for formation or get DUI's get punished,HARSHLY i might add.not like there getting away with it.
    I was under the impression that I was allowed to express freedom of speech the constitutional right that all Americans are allowed, and that you Marines fight for? But apparently I am not because I don't rate in the Marine Corps yet...?

I only kept posting because the Lt. welcomed the debate and said it SHOULD be debated.

PS - Adikt is the handle that I wrote graffitti under....It has nothing to do with personal drug use. lol.

From my observations though, argueing with a Marine is a lost cause...you don't win. I would just stop Adikt lol.

Hey adikt you sure you over drugs dude? Why would you have a signature with a verse about cocaine here on a Marine Corps site?( Yeah I know that song from back in my dark days ) I'm just wondering, why the **** you would put that in your signature instead of something moto? Freedom of expression?

Thread Information