I don't think this is fair.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't think this is fair.

I just got PFC because I refered two friends who joined. I feel happy but I didn't earn it.

Can someone explain why I got promoted just for having 2 friends join?

Is it because they just want numbers or what?

But I feel like crap. Really. I didn't do anything. At all.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    It is the Marine Corps way....an incentive program. If you don't want it and it ruins your day and wallet....just go to the RSS and tell them you want to give it up! NOT!

You did earn it...not time and grade...but what the USMC asked you to do if you could and you did. So are you feeling sorry for yourself or biatching? The latter is a Marine Corps characteristic the first is not! So get get your head together and except the new policy!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Take it and feel good about it. You did earn it - you got 2 more people to sign up.

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Stop being so modest.

Semper Fi 4 Life
    Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

You helped someone to take the first step into something huge... that doesn't deserve something?

I did the same thing and you should feel awesome. You did something that gave you a chance at early promotion upon enlisting in the Corps. You shoudl be happy that after basic you will be atleast three months ahead of most of your peers. Get some more and you can make Lance Corporal and be that much closer to NCO.

hhhmmmm what to do with that extra 162 dollars per month until you feel worthy of it?

If you think PFC is rank, you're in for a big surprise.

Ha. I'm not trying to ***** about it. I'm super excited, I just kind of wanted to earn it in recruit training or something. It really wasn't all that difficult to get 2 people to join. So I think thats why I don't see it as me earning it.

No...it is difficult to get 2 people to join...ive been trying for 4 months so your LUCKY. I have referred 6-8 people and 2 even came in the office and 1 was going to go to MEPS but backed out. If it was easy for you, your lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2 View Post
    nice

You did nothing? You recruited people, one of the hardest jobs in the Corps...

One of the biggest objectives right now is bumping up the number of people inside up to 202,000 by 2010?

Keep recruiting

Now that you have a head start maybe you can come out of Boot a Lcpl ( lol )

lol I'd rather be a private in the fleet than a PFC or a lance. I wish I could go straight from Private to Cpl, even if that meant spending 2 years a private.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2 View Post

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    And this year's award for Drama Queen goes to Bonzack for her starring role in, "I Didn't Deserve it" directed by Ron Howard and Produced by Tom Hanks.

Thread Information