Sleeve Rolling....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sleeve Rolling....

Did I do these right? Ive looked here and on other websites. Just trying to get a feel for it. I folded from the 'starch line' to the seam line and then rolled er up. Are the sleeves too high or low?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You did fine baby boy, you'll get plenty of practice once you get there anyway. That face is going to get you anything you want - you cute as hell!

Make the fold on the inside seam of the sleeve not the outside. It'll make it where you can't see the fabric overlapping itself. Make your first fold and put four fingers down. That should be roughly the right length. Keep folding at the same length for each side. Fold your blouse over in half and check to make sure they are even when your done. It'll be easier whenever you get a digi blouse because the sleeve pockets make a triangle when you fold. Then you can just compare the size of the triangles.

Also make the holes as small as possible. Try and put your arm in, take it out, loosen a small bit, and keep repeating until it almost cuts the circulation off your arms, but your arms slide in just barely. (May need some help getting them off) Get them just right, take them off, spray some starch on them, and iron. You'll have squared away sleeves and be ahead of the game before you ship.

A word to the wise though... If you have the best sleeves you'll become the platoon sleeve ***** and have to do everyones during square away time.

If I can get a few minutes tomorrow I'll take a picture of my blouse and put it on here.

Last edited by Brewer0311; 07-11-08 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Forgot a step

Also tighten the roll...you don't want the sleeve roll to look any kind of loose like it looks in those pictures, ok? Remember...a 3 inch thick roll thats 3 inches above the outside elbow bend, ok? Thats what the Marine Corps regulation was anyway... Tighten the roll and you'll be ok....!!

Those look pretty good for having absolutely no formal instruction on how to do so. Believe it or not, there's Marines out there now who's sleeves don't look as good as that. However, you will want them tighter and as as straight as can be on the bottom of the roll, which can be done with consistent 'finger-****ing' as you roll them. When making a first impression during HOT-SOP when sleeves are up, your sleeves may be the deciding factor if all else is good to go. Your image says a lot about what kind of Marine you are and will be. Good job though! And yes, you will get plenty of face-to-face instruction on how to do them.

Credits
    Savings
    Sleeves don't look bad.
    We didn't get to roll our sleeves till well into boot camp. Maybe second or third phase. We were too nasty to blouse our boots and roll our sleeves

The key to a tight roll is to keep one hand gripping the roll from the inside and keeping it in place as you use the other to roll it.

Your drill instructors will show you how to do it when the time comes, and you should do well because you already understand the basic gist of it. It won't take you so long that you'll have to worry about getting destroyed, lest you start snickering at the other recruits who can't quite get right.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Clean Your Room,,,,,LOL.

Wait a minute, so everyone here got lessons in boot camp on how to roll sleeves? I didn't get a sleeve rolling lesson till I got to MOS school, with my Gunny rolls and had a fellow PFC show me the correct way.

You were cheated, brother! I suppose it's for the best-- that's one less thing to screw up, right?

Thanks so much for the answers Marines! I swear those things will be the death of me. Im just trying to get a head start and be the best I possibly can on whatever it is. Even being handsome comes hard LCpl . Well Im off to a Pool Function. Thanks again, its good to know that you guys care about us Poolees!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Clean Your Room,,,,,LOL.
    God Sparkie, just when I think you cant get any funnier, I find this ****

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bugs,,,, You know me . I can't resist a good 'Stupid'. Next we will be treated to his folded skivvie question. With friggin pictures, no less.

can we have a thread on how to do grunt rolls or folding your cammies so they fit in a ziplock?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I want pictures of 'Sock Ballin'.

Thread Information