Took the Oath...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Took the Oath...

Hello Marines and fellow Poolees, I'm proud to say that I'm one step closer to seeing a dream realized after swearing in on 20080630! I ship on 20081014/03XX. I ship on a Tuesday which I found surprising, are Tuesday shipdates unusual? If I can get some info on changing my status to Poolee that would be greatly appreciated.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Awesome!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PMPursch View Post
    Hello Marines and fellow Poolees, I'm proud to say that I'm one step closer to seeing a dream realized after swearing in on 20080630! I ship on 20081014/03XX. I ship on a Tuesday which I found surprising, are Tuesday shipdates unusual? If I can get some info on changing my status to Poolee that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for enlisting in our Corps, especially at your age of 28! Dam you are gonna be older than your DIs, buddy!

To Change your status PM, Jinelson or Shaffer, they can handle that for ya!

As Far as shipping on Tuesday, well with you living in San Diego, it may very well be possible, because they pick up platoons during the entire week.

Good luck Poolee and thank you for your interest in our Corps!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So you are now in,,,, Make your best of it. Be afraid, Become.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    Thank you for enlisting in our Corps, especially at your age of 28! Dam you are gonna be older than your DIs, buddy!

To Change your status PM, Jinelson or Shaffer, they can handle that for ya!

As Far as shipping on Tuesday, well with you living in San Diego, it may very well be possible, because they pick up platoons during the entire week.

Good luck Poolee and thank you for your interest in our Corps!

Dave

It is possible as far as going to Parris Island also Cpl., because that is the day that I picked up on.

Thank you all for the kind words and information, greatly appreciated!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I shipped out on monday and planes got canceled, so we had to ship on tue. Probably good 400-500 kids that were their tue.

I heard people ship out Mon, Tue, and Wed. Or at least that's what my recruiter told me. I leave on Monday to go to the hotel and ship out on Tuesday. Though, I don't understandy why shipping out on a Tuesday would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeChick17 View Post
    I heard people ship out Mon, Tue, and Wed. Or at least that's what my recruiter told me. I leave on Monday to go to the hotel and ship out on Tuesday. Though, I don't understandy why shipping out on a Tuesday would be weird.
    I guess I found a Tuesday shipdate kinda odd because I work at the San Diego Airport. I'm so used to seeing groups of Poolees making their way to the USO every other Monday like clockwork. Never really noticed it that much on other days of the week. I also saw it as one less day to process before meeting the SDI on Friday. Guess its not that big of a deal. Thanks for the info...

Paul, Congrats on your most outstanding decision to Join Our Corps.......

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak View Post
    Paul, Congrats on your most outstanding decision to Join Our Corps.......
    Thank you Corporal, greatest decision I've ever made!

Congrats, and be sure to smile when you are introduced to your D.I.'s

Infact you may want to offer them a smoke or stick of gum, just to break the tension.

But whatever you do, never, never, never look them in the eye. Avoid eye contact at all cost or you will set them off into an uncontrollable rage the likes of which YOU may never fully recover from!

Ha, ha, ha Good Luck. Stand Tall, Suck in your gut and never quit, never give up. They can't break you if you don't let 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by CH53MetalMan View Post
    Congrats, and be sure to smile when you are introduced to your D.I.'s

Infact you may want to offer them a smoke or stick of gum, just to break the tension.

But whatever you do, never, never, never look them in the eye. Avoid eye contact at all cost or you will set them off into an uncontrollable rage the likes of which YOU may never fully recover from!

Ha, ha, ha Good Luck. Stand Tall, Suck in your gut and never quit, never give up. They can't break you if you don't let 'em.
    Thanks for the helpful advice Corporal, much appreciated!

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations and Good luck! Look forward to the day we see your status change to Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Poolee! I changed your avatar and you can change your status by clicking edit profile under your profile pic.

Jim

Thread Information