Why can't females be infantry? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm all for equality and stuff, but I don't think women should take part in combat arms. I don't think I would treat WM's any different in combat than i would a Male Marine, but who knows. Women are built differently than men, I know I had trouble dragging a Marine with a full load of combat gear to safety after he was injured, and I'm a big guy plenty strong. I don't think a women could accomplish that task at-least not with out endangering herself and the squad. Now i'm not here saying a women couldn't do this, no I just saying that it would be rough for her. Also in my time in we did 24 mile humps with 80lbs rucks and had to carry crew-serve weapons which included 1 .50 cal complete with tripod 2 spare barrels and the A-bag. 1 240 G complete with tripod and 2 spare barrels and A-bag. 3 M249 Saws complete. 1 Mortar tube with base plate, sometimes we would hump the Mk-19 complete with tripod. And that was per squad so we only had a brief break where one or two Marines at a time where only carrying everyones rifle. I saw many men breakdown and fall out almost in tears (including myself when I had to carry the MK-19), guys having no skin on their feet and blood soaked boots. I just don't think a normal sized WM would be able to do that. Granted there is really not a need to Hump all that equipment anymore we have vehicles to do that but still we trained for it anything can happen. After doing that I became a firm believer of "If you cant truck it, f*ck it". And after i PCSed to my new unit i put that saying into effect. KILL!

Enough of this PC mumbo jumbo,,,

If God wanted chics to be in the Marine Corps Infantry then he would have given them some brains.

Get in the kitchen honey....

MOST of em just can not handle the pounding,,, physically or mentally.

I'm outa here....

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

If God wanted chics to be in the Marine Corps Infantry then he would have given them some brains.

I'm outa here....
    Wow what a tough guy,

Mp's And Combat Engineers Are The Only Combat Arms Mos That A Female Can Join. I Know The Combat Engineer Mos For A Fact Because I Had A Female In My Mos Class. But They Just Can't Do Division Side.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Wookie,,,,,

I'm outa here....
    You're draggin your knuckles again,,,,,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wookie - kiss my entire fuzzy a$$ - LOL!

You Tell Him Marine84.........

Eh there is some truth to what he said. I remember in MCT every single female in the company nearly fell out in the hike all the males ended up carrying there packs. I swear i was carrying my god dam body weight on those humps because of there gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSKI View Post
    Eh there is some truth to what he said. I remember in MCT every single female in the company nearly fell out in the hike all the males ended up carrying there packs. I swear i was carrying my god dam body weight on those humps because of there gear too.
    And as Sparkie knows, while you cats were humping their gear us Air Wingers were humping the female Marines....NICE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZSKI View Post

Thank you ZSKI, for seeing through my BS to the truth. I was only kidding of course about the brain thing, growing up Italian with two sisters will do that!

But in all seriousness, once you get past the obvious issues like, where do they live, how are they treated, all that crapola. The fact of the matter is most women can not handle the day to day physical pounding of being a grunt. Any other issue is kinda moot, to me.

There may be a few woman who can, but not many, and it's not like having one girl in an infantry platoon is going to be symbolic or anything. Like the one girl in HS that makes the boys varsity hockey team.

If they ever allowed it, say you got one or two that are real butch or hard core; I guess it would make for a nice Sunday afternoon movie on Lifetime, but it will really fock up the whole platoon.

Too many issues...

There are things that a woman can do that a man can not do, can we just leave it like that? Can there be a few things in life that we do not fock up?

Guys can't make kids.... alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Wookie - kiss my entire fuzzy a$$ - LOL!
    The fuzzy part is what gets me, babes should only have hair on their head and eyebrows, and eyelashes as well, lol.

But I get your point and as I've stated here, females have made some real kick azz snipers throughout history. Not our history of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post
    The fuzzy part is what gets me, babes should only have hair on their head and eyebrows, and eyelashes as well, lol.

But I get your point and as I've stated here, females have made some real kick azz snipers throughout history. Not our history of course.
    I wasn't going there jetdoc, had me wondering too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzack View Post
    I've searched the net and I just want a black and white answer. The only thing I've found is that the muscles are built differently in a female so we can't do the same things as males.
    The whole tank thing confuses me too.
    So why can't females be infantry or work on tanks and stuff?
    Aside from all the very valid reasons already posted on this, logistically it would be a nightmare. Marines deploy on crouded ships constantly and there's already no space in the "bathrooms"...

Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post

There is some history of that overseas.. way back when,, and even now probably in Iraq, one of those female insurgent pigs or something...

I'll admit, I saw some good female shooters working on the range over the years... there's also been a few of them that have made it to the USMC Rifle or Pistol Shooting Teams.

BUT, a female would never make it through the same process that a US Marine takes to become a Scout Sniper. That is - boot camp, SOI, unit, selection to STA, earn a seat to SS school, and then graduate from SS school, no way..

Maybe one or two out of a billion...

I have heard the US Army lets them do some DM type stuff, but that is another story and their problem.

There is some history of that overseas.. way back when,, and even now probably in Iraq, one of those female insurgent pigs or something...

I'll admit, I saw some good female shooters working on the range over the years... there's also been a few of them that have made it to the USMC Rifle or Pistol Shooting Teams.

BUT, a female would never make it through the same process that a US Marine takes to become a Scout Sniper. That is - boot camp, SOI, unit, selection to STA, earn a seat to SS school, and then graduate from SS school, no way..

Maybe one or two out of a billion...

I have heard the US Army lets them do some DM type stuff, but that is another story and their problem.
    I hear you Wook, I did post that link with that Russian female during WWII that had over 300 confirmed kills.

When I was researching for that Russian female sniper I saw lots of posts from males and females that said females are naturally better shooters than males, I was like, WTF? I dunno.

Also Wook, as far as the fuzz stuff goes, you know me, I've got a big mouth and HAD to ask....so far Kim hasn't replied back, humm,

Thread Information