Passed my test..
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Talking Passed my test..

As some of you know I got medically discharged about lieing about having asthma in boot camp. When I took a pulmonary test back in boot, I was extremely sick, had step throat, congested really bad, pink eye and ear infection. When you take the test you are not suppose to be sick. I should of told them that i use to have asthma and just got a waiver for it, instead I told them while I was there in MCRD SD. They thought I was having an asthma attack, apparently the lady(civilian, she wasnt a Corpsman) took it the wrong way at medical and didn't hear what the DI told her what was going on. But I was there for 2 and half weeks before before they sent me to Balboa(which is the nicest hospital I have ever been to)and while waiting on those two weeks they stuck me in MRP(sick portion of MRP) and got really sick. Was in MRP for a week in a half. Went and took the test, and just barely failed the pulmonary test.

From my original post back in July2007 this is a more in dept what happend. Reason why I say I had asthma attack is because they hooked me up to a nebulaizer and assumed I had an attack. I was nervous and didnt ask why i was taking the nebulaizer, just did it.

I came home July 3 2007 ****ed off, and really sick, I almost couldnt stand the plane ride back because of the ear infection. On July 6 went to my doctor and talked to her and to get some good drugs, she was the one told me that I need to retake the test because you are suppose to be clean when you take the pulmonary test. Because it mess's with the results. Well today I took the test and Passed with almost 10% to spare on the pass or fail. You are allowed to drop 20% before they diagnose you with asthma. She said she doesnt understand why I failed the first time. Told her and she says "oh, well ya you will fail it. Mainly because you already cant breath". So now im waiting till monday, I have a follow up with the pulmonary doctor, he will give me a copy of the test results. I'm going to go get my doctors notes from July 6 2007 and turn it in, and a recommendation letter from both doctors. And turn it all into MEPS. That way I have proof I was sick when I took the first test. IM EXCITED LIKE A MOFO..

I always knew I didn't have asthma. But if I just kept my mouth shut in boot camp, I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I would a Marine. But also I was worried about what would happen. Now just counting the days till I get a response from MEPS, hopefully they tell me you are good to go. I can't wait.. UGH!!

Good luck to you and hopefully you will have earned the title before you know it.

Way to go Williams. Congratulations. I knew you would pass the test easily.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Things tend to happen for a reason. If everything gets straightened out, it still my take a long time. You have to resolve the first contract situation and what they put down for discharge reason.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ya, have been reading about having to change the RE code. Is it 2 years you have to wait out for erroneous discharge or 6 months? But the Main recruiter said to give him everything I can. He will turn it into MEPS.

Well holy ****. I have been waiting to here this from you man. Geeze, its been a while man. Hopefully everything goes well and I'll see you soon in the fleet

Orraah.

Just reading that got me motivated. Now where is the beer?

I hope everything work out for you this time!!!

Thread Information