Private Austin reporting as Ordered - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn! WELCOME HOME MARINE!

I did 1 pull up on the IST and went to 8 on the PFT. Use your free time to PT. Letters are secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA20080211 View Post
    we had a guy that got the "racing stripes"
    I'm guessing "racing stripes" means...he failed his IST? Someone please enlighten me

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Conratulations Marine and Welcome Home!

Welcome home Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by benw2200 View Post
    I'm guessing "racing stripes" means...he failed his IST? Someone please enlighten me

Best I remember it's the overweight recruits. These bleach stripes on your PT uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Good job.
    Now don't do drugs, drink and drive, or get a girl pregnant while on leave.

Who were your Drill Instructors?
    Good job Dave,Job well done Marine,congratulations
    Devil Dog.
    While on leave,if she gets pregnant,dont name the poor kid after any of us..........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home Marine,

Semper Fi

Dave

Congrats Marine!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated.

They teach us to live a life completely different from anything we know, we adapt and buy in to it. I love my Corps and everything it stands for, but what are we to do back home? My squad leaders arent there to show me the way, the Drill Instructors arent here to correct me when im wrong, whos pulling Firewatch tonight? Im sure im not the only Marine whos come home and have no idea whats going on or what i am supposed to do. i dont relate to my old friends, the old hangouts have no appeal. How do you adapt to life back home?

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations Marine!

SFi
    C

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "racing stripes"

Shiaty marks on your skivies!

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations Marine!

You don't fit in at home anymore, don't even try. You will find that once you are in for a while and get over that boot year you will be much more comfortable at home, but home will never be the same again. Home is where you grew up and spent your life before the Marine Corps, now you will be home where ever your seabag is. Your hometown is where you left all those childhood friends that couldn't understand why you would give four years of your life to your Nation. Your hometown is where all those same friends will be years from now when you are finished with being a part of history and protecting their everyday life. Your Drill Instructors and your fellow Marines have shown you the way and given you the tools to stay on that path, just do what you know is expected of you even if no one is watching. Hopes this helps. -Semper Fi Marine and Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Congratulations Marine!

You don't fit in at home anymore, don't even try. You will find that once you are in for a while and get over that boot year you will be much more comfortable at home, but home will never be the same again. Home is where you grew up and spent your life before the Marine Corps, now you will be home where ever your seabag is. Your hometown is where you left all those childhood friends that couldn't understand why you would give four years of your life to your Nation. Your hometown is where all those same friends will be years from now when you are finished with being a part of history and protecting their everyday life. Your Drill Instructors and your fellow Marines have shown you the way and given you the tools to stay on that path, just do what you know is expected of you even if no one is watching. Hopes this helps. -Semper Fi Marine and Welcome aboard.
    thanks brother.

as for the racing stripes, i meant the white lines they put on the overweight ones.

Credits
    Savings
    You are very welcome. Too bad we don't live close to each other you could come hang out at my house. Along those lines see if there is a Marine Corps League near your hometown. It's a great place to hang with some ummmm..... "more experienced Marines", and I know they would love to have an active duty member of their detatchment. S/F

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    You are very welcome. Too bad we don't live close to each other you could come hang out at my house. Along those lines see if there is a Marine Corps League near your hometown. It's a great place to hang with some ummmm..... "more experienced Marines", and I know they would love to have an active duty member of their detatchment. S/F
    im going to try and tough it out till i have to report July 1st. i was up till almost 4:30 last nite, i just couldnt settle down, my mind was racing. you become accustomed to one thing, and then its totally thrown around. im adapting, and overcoming, it will just take its time.

Thread Information