Leaving Tomorrow
Create Post

Leaving Tomorrow

I was supposed to leave today but they said that it was full so they are sending me down to the MEPs tomorrow and leaving on tuesday, has anybody ever heard of this happening, I guess there are people all over the country that are leaving the same time, but how would that work would they put me into a platoon that is already a day ahead, just need some help, any would be appreciated, and I am ready to do what it takes to earn that EGA.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome to the life of a (SIC) almost Marine! Secondary motto..."Hurry up and wait!"

Never heard of this happening.... but statistically the summer months have the most recruits at both depots,so they are probally getting the waves and influx of H.S. graduates and are requesting recruiters to hold back potential recruits to be held in limbo until they process and pick up what they have. Good luck!

Thank you

ya, happens all the time out here in Cali. well, they ship on the same day, but have to spend the night at MEPS and leave tuesday morning.

you'll see.

Like the Staff Sgt said, hurry up and wait, lol. You will grow used to those words during your career in the USMC, you're just getting an early dose of it.

June is a very very busy month for the Marines at PI and SD.

Good luck Newski

Thank you to all who has ever helped me on this site and to all Marines.

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Darkgreen 0311

Good Luck and remember we've all been through it. You now have to pay your dues. One graduation day your dues will be paid in full.

Semper Fi 4 Life
    Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Happens all the time... Your only going to be a day behind in recieving... that's nothing. you'll be good.

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Darkgreen 0311

Newski 45 I remember that the same type of incident happen to me and John Nash. We were suppose to leave on Mar 1,1982 and couldn't we ended up spending two nights in a hotel and didn't leave out until Mar 3rd. John Nash was from my home town and in my platoon. He can be googled he was one of the survivors who survived the bomb explosion of the barrracks in Lebanon. He's now a MSGT.

Semper Fi 4 Life
    Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newski45 View Post
    how would that work would they put me into a platoon that is already a day ahead...
    I've been told the first few days or week is still receiving. Perhaps you'll just be hurried up a little more getting teeth and eyes checked, filling out forms etc...of course you'll get verbally tuned up because your lagging behind

Thread Information