Final Poolee Function
Create Post

Talking Final Poolee Function

Well, I just had my last poolee function this past Saturday. We ran 2.5 miles to a football field to do a buncha sprint/leg exercises and ran the rest of the 2.5 miles back. It was fun and I'm going to miss seeing everyone working out together. Looking back on when I joined in August of '07 I probably would of never made that run let alone keep up with all the exercises we did. My recruiter told me I'm ready for bootcamp so that was uplifting! I can't wait for July

Good luck! It sounds as if you will do well if you can run 5 miles no prob. I don't think we ever ran 5 miles in boot camp, but once I got to the fleet.... that's when the really long runs started.

*i hope i don't over step any Non-Rate bounds here*

That's great! CONGRADS!!!!!...I didn't graduate boot but got so much advice from the girls I was friends with...and I spent about 5 months on the island as a recruit…you learn a thing or two…

The best advice I can pass on is...
    * keep your ears open & mouth shut, unless told otherwise by a Drill Instructor!!!
    * start & end EVERY sentence with ma'am or sir...
    * there is no 'I' or 'we' in boot camp...it's "This recruit, that recruit, those recruits"...
    * you are only as strong as your weakest link, just because you’re done first doesn’t mean you’re better than the slowest person
    * every Marine you see went through the exact same thing…it’s not just you getting ‘picked-on’
    * each day brings new challenges, but don’t forget what you learned the day before…even the most ridiculous tasks have a reason…
    * volunteer for squad leader, scribe or guide…a lot of people say not too, because it draws extra attention on you, but it makes you work harder…
    * don’t ever eyeball your drill instructor…they will rip out your eyeballs & eat them for lunch!
    * if you think it’s a dumb question, don’t ask your Kill Hat!!! (you’ll see why)

***most importantly: enjoy your time at boot camp, 13 weeks is nothing when you get out…it’s something you only do once & you will make sisters that will be yours until the end!!!

Thread Information