Making Lance at boot? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic13 View Post
    i don't know why, but i don't think anyone should graduate bootcamp a lcpl
    Very true it should be earned in the fleet.

Taz Matt, thanks for the up date, I don't think you should get a stripe just for showing up to a party with your dance partner or any thing else you can bring. Hell where's the incentive or the motavation to be the best when you already got it for doing nothing worth mentioning. Crap that's for the other services, we earn our own way that's why we're Marines.

I have a document entittled "Whats's Spacial About A Marine" I will try to post for all to read, this document says it all, I found it on the internet, the author did not take claim, nor leave his name. But it say's it all about our brotherhood & tradtions.

Semper Fi.

Sgt. Ret. 1966-1969-0331

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You gentleman dont think anybody who recieves or has recieved Lcpl out of boot deserved it? Excuse my incompetence but I think being given that rank is looked at greatly but the staff at MCRD including the SDI or DI's I dont think the Marine Corps ****s around, im sure it is earned, correct me?

As was said earlier you may get meritorious promotion in bootcamp or even on the drill field or any number of places but most of the time you are at a disadvantage in your field of work because you have no expeirence in your field of work. I know for a fact that when I was stationed at P.I. and running cash sales I had a Gunny come in that had less than six years in and all he had was a fire watch ribbon and one good conduct badge with just one hash mark.I asked him how he made Gunny so fast and he told me meritorious promotion on the drill field which is alright until you go to your field of work in your regular MOS and then what do you do.

Esprit: I think you meant to say excuse your total lack of knowledge when it comes to understanding the assignment of rank & what goes with it & how the Marine Corps rank structure works, at this point in your life don't think, your preaching to the Choir, as we used to say to all the FNG's I have more time in the ****..r, than you have in the Corps.

Do you think for one single moment that if some fresh ass shower shoe right out of boot camp show's up in a combat A.O.P he is qualified to lead seasoned combat Marines into battle or his degree of training is going to compensate for his total lack of knowledge.

At this point in time I can honestly say this to you with out any reservation; it's a Marine thing you just can't understand, maybe if you’re good enough, tough enough & have the heart that it takes to be one of us, a Marine you'll understand.

Rank isn't everything if you don't have the respect of the Marine's you're leading and that come through hard work, time in the bush & time in grade & having your head & ass wired together, not because you’re SDI thinks your a snappy boot.

Before you can lead you must have been led, before you state an opinion on the Corps & how ranks works & functions in the battle arena, I suggest you get your Eagle, Globe & Anchor.

I will wish you the best of luck in boot camp, you may want to discuss this topic with your Drill Instructor & share your thoughts on the matter on how rank structure should work, I am more than sure he'll have something to say about it, who knows he might just take it up through the chain of Command for review & change.

Semper Fi.

M60 Mud Marine
    Born In Battle Baptized In Blood
    RVN, Alpha Co 1st Batt. 4th Marines

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
    You gentleman dont think anybody who recieves or has recieved Lcpl out of boot deserved it? Excuse my incompetence but I think being given that rank is looked at greatly but the staff at MCRD including the SDI or DI's I dont think the Marine Corps ****s around, im sure it is earned, correct me?
    Tell me what a boot Lance Cpl has over the one that has earned his by the time in the fleet which one would you like to be under in a combat situation?

The one individual I saw make LCPL out of boot, was a former Army medic in Nam who was guaranteed PFC, and had his CIB, Purple Heart, and Broze Star. He was one squared away individual! This man had combat experience and leadership experience. He was an exceptional recruit!!!! He ended up as Series Honorman. But again, he truly was an exception to the rule and had the experience to back it,

What's Spacial About a Marine

I came across this article a few years ago entitled "What's Special About A Marine" Author unknown, whom ever wrote it really captured the essence & the true sprite of our Band of Brothers, I will share it with you & those who aspire to be one of us. It’s 3 pages long but worth the read.

To all who served & are serving now & those of you who might be serving, I thank you, "For Those Who Have Had to Fight for It, Freedom Has A Flavor The Protected Will Never Know"

Semper Fidelis

M60 Mud Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Son, My best advice is to be like the guy who's wife filed for divorce because he was always pickin his nose and would never let her on top during sex. When he was asked by his Attorney about this he said that he was just following his Senior DI's advice: Always keep your nose Clean and Never F*** Up.

Only 1 Marine will graduate boot as a Lcpl. That person is the company honorman. And your easiest way to get promoted is referals, find other people to join. I cant tell you how much you'll regret not doing it. All you need is 2 people and you get PFC out of boot. Not only that but those referrals stay with you your whole career, meaning they help add points to your cutting score (Scores factor in pro con marks, pft, rifle score, MCIs etc) for Cpl. and Sgt. So get out there and do some recruiting before you go off to stand on those yellow footprints

Right now I'm contracted PFC. I have been told by multiple recruiters that if I do Recruiter's Assistance after boot, and get two referrals, I'll pick up LCPL. Me and my buddy are getting a head start and starting tomorrow.

Note to ALL: the CO Honor Man isn't guaranteed LCpl. He'll only get it if he wsa a contract PFC to begin with. I don't know what the statistical percentage behind this is, but it's damn near 100%.

My CO Honor Man was't a LCpl. Same with a few of my buddies. S/F

Oh and by the way. I also agree that CO Honor Men don't deserve LCpl. They'll get to the fleet LCpls in a place where there are PFC's that have been in over a year (non contract PFCS) that are damn fine Marines.

I think it's just too much from the get go for them.

The honor grad for our series went in as a contract PFC, he graduated as a Lance Corporal. He had a 300 PFT, was the guide, and could answer any knowledge question, he was a like a walking talking Google.com

I agree with Haffner.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
    I remember another guy on this site named NICK that wanted to debate with marines here. He went away, do you want to go away Espirit? With only a few days left to be here?

Dave

Thread Information