What to take to boot camp. - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Cool, thank you i wasnt aware of the second phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Meyers View Post
    Cool, thank you i wasnt aware of the second phone call.
    Don't worry about the phone calls you can make. They are quick, around 5 minutes.
    Snail Mail is the way to go.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Meyers View Post
    Just curious and I may have misunderstood, but I was under the impression you weren't allowed to make phone calls from recruit training. Why would you need a calling card?
    Dont make a call home lol.. I almost didnt get a chance to make a phone call home because i didnt have one. And If someone else didnt let me borrow their card i wouldnt of called home. But its a small ass call and well you will see them again in 3 months.

Maybe you will get luck and go to At&t to make the phone call. And not being sarcastic. Some of you Marines graduated from MCRD SD know.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What about a retainer? I asked my recruiter awhile back about it and he said he wasn't sure, and to make sure it wasn't on my face when I woke up. I ask because my teeth tend to shift very rapidly if I go without wearing it at night, even after just a couple of days. I will survive without it, but I'd like to avoid spending another couple grand on braces when I come home. Any chance I'd be able to keep it without it being taken away or anything?

They will find it. Your best bet is to tell your SDI (make sure its the one with the black belt!!!!) in training that "this recruit requests permission to know if his mother can send his retainer to him in the mail sir"

He will most likely say yes, but dont bring it with you. You'll have to go a week or two without it, but a receiving DI may find it and stomp on it and make you eat the pieces or something.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Allright sounds good. I appreciate the advice. I'd have to go in and get a new mold if it was ever destroyed, meaning I'd be screwed in boot but whatever, **** happens. Thanks again sir.

Don't forget that once you get to MOS school (if it's a couple months) or to your unit, you can go to dental and get that sh*t fixed for free under your tricare coverage.

Thread Information