New Marines Commercial "Leap" - Watch it now! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gotcha. Little buggers.

The article I'm refering to actually did not run in their magazine and was only available via their webpage. I'll see if I can post a link. Then people can read it themselves. It was a first class piece of journalism... I swear.

Ah, here it is:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0..._swim_061208w/

Nice how the Army Times bubs got to have a comment... wow.

Thanks for the link Lt. It appears that the author is basing his conclusions on something said in 1993, most likely out of context. It's sure a hell of alot more moto than being Army strong!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First class, indeed.

Well, I guess he ended up a better swimmer than this white boy. Does that make the Marine Corps racist too? Not teaching a white boy how to swim well enough to make the Recon indoc like the black guy?

Geeze, they'll grab at any stupid little thing just to cause trouble.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "The main idea of the article is saying it was racial...."

Racial?????? WTF,,,,, Don't they know Marines are green? It figures,,,,, Harp on what does not apply. Pardon me while I CHECK MY FRIGGEN COLOR.

To even come to that conclusion (That they were trying to say Dark Green Marines can't swim) is ridiculous, My initial reaction to the commercial was "There goes another kick ass U.S.M.C commericial!)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok, Ok,,,,, I didn't read the article yet. However, in my experience, I have known Many Black Marines, and Black Americans,,,,Many friends gone by,,,,,,, But it is true in my experience, that due to a different muscle density, they tend to sink more than whites.
    I'm not being stupid here, but I am a realist. I also know they can and do overcome, as a Marine does.
    To bring this up as a cut is the Height of stupid, and I resent it on behalf of my many green friends.

Check my pics, My best 'Green Friend' wasn't much on swimming. So Friggin What?????

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Talking

'Say Al, did you hear the one about the USMC having a racist commercial?

"Jesse, I got the link"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All I saw was one hot dark green Marine that I wish I could have run across back in the day. WHEW!

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    Strangely this same commerical caught a lot of criticism from a Military Times article. Don't have the link on-hand but I'm sure someone could dig it up...
    Marine Corps jealously will always exist amongst the other services .

Isolating a group within the target demographic of "young men".... Ad agencies are quite familiar with zeroing in on sectors of a clients vast demographic for the purpose of drumming up business.

In this case encouraging or challenging said group to confront fear {with stereotype undertones} real or imagined, and prevail. Thats how i see it. If i were tender and unseasoned i suppose i might squirm and get touchy feelers but i've never lived in a black mans skin so my opinion ends here.

--->Dave

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The commercial is fine with me......Semper Fi to all Marines Light Green and Dark Green. I swim alright....lol

Semper Fi 4 Life
    Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Thread Information