Should I call my new recruiter?
Create Post

Should I call my new recruiter?

I dunno if I mentioned it but when I went to get signed up for the ASVAB and my physical, my recruiter suddenly remembered he was the OCS recruiter, and I am not an officer candidate, so a regular enlisted recruiter had to deal with me.

He gave me the number of my enlisted recruiter and told me NOT to call, that he would call me Wednesday or Thursday for sure and everything would be rolling by next week (heard that before!). Well, lo and behold, he has not called.

I wanted to get this all figured out before I start my new job next week, because it's full time, my free hours are a bit limited. I got my letter from my doctor regarding the Adderall (I really hope I can get it waived...everyone, please cross your fingers for me) and I'm all set...but I have no recruiter to go see. Should I, at this point, go ahead and call him? I know that recruiters are dealing with dozens, if not more, kids at once, and I worry I may have slipped under his radar. Should I just take the initiative and call him? Or am I being impatient? I just wonder why the OCS recruiter said not to call....

Credits
    Savings
    Could it be that the Adderal has them perplexed?

My advice, don't call, go visit!!

That's actually not a bad idea. I may just do that.

Yeah the OCS recruiter spoke with MEPS and they said they need a letter from my doctor concerning my dosage, and how long I took it. The letter basically says I took 10mg (very small dose), a few days leading up to tests, and that it wasn't an everyday thing. He said it's possible I may get it waived, but he also said sometimes the MEPS doctors just look at the brand name; like they'll see Adderall and just close the file, basically. My ACT scores and GPA were included in the letter; ACT was very high, GPA was acceptable; so he said that those two things may help. I guess I just have to see what this new guy says and what MEPS has to say.

Ok you need to get one thing straight: If you're trying to go enlisted, the OCS recruiter has NOTHING to do with being enlisted. They work out of a whole seperate office. If you are looking to be enlisted, call the enlisted recruiter. I don't know why the Officer recruiter is even paying attention to you at all if you told him you want to enlist.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422 View Post
    Ok you need to get one thing straight: If you're trying to go enlisted, the OCS recruiter has NOTHING to do with being enlisted. They work out of a whole seperate office. If you are looking to be enlisted, call the enlisted recruiter. I don't know why the Officer recruiter is even paying attention to you at all if you told him you want to enlist.
    You were thinking the same thing I was Vickie...why is the recruiter messing with him in the first place if he was an Officer recruiter?! But, go down to the ENLISTED recruiter and talk to him! He will be the one helping you from now on!!

Pay the enlisted Recruiter a visit,see him in person.

Thread Information