Is going to PCP in bootcamp bad?
Create Post

Is going to PCP in bootcamp bad?

I am shipping to bootcamp in August and im not really in good shape.

I still have to lose a good 15 pounds to make weight to ship.
    right now im 5'5 , 180 lbs
    And I have to get down to 165 in order to ship.

Last time we did the ist's at my pool function I did
    46 situps in 2 minutes
    3 pullups
    and we messed up the mile and a half (running to wrong places) so we didnt get our time.
    But when I go to the running track at some police academy, I am only able to run the full mile in 8 minutes.

And I had to work to be able to actually be able to run the whole mile without stopping. I cant run the full mile and a half though.

So im starting to think that I am probably going to end up in PCP at bootcamp.

Anybody here been in PCP. Is it bad? Is it likely that you will finish bootcamp and become a Marine?

Can you guys give me examples of people you know who were in it and if they made it through bootcamp?

You are asking to have a more than the usual miserable time by not being in shape when you ship. PCP is basically detention. You will work out all day and not make any progress towards graduating.

How long have you been in DEP and why aren't you ready? not even at the minimums? Sounds like maybe you better quit now. You might not have the stones to make it through.

You are asking to have a more than the usual miserable time by not being in shape when you ship. PCP is basically detention. You will work out all day and not make any progress towards graduating.

How long have you been in DEP and why aren't you ready? not even at the minimums? Sounds like maybe you better quit now. You might not have the stones to make it through.
    I finished MEPS and started pool function the Saturday after. So if thats when I got into DEP then its been like 2 months.

I had to lose 15 pounds just to get to MEPS. (I was 194 pounds. Had to get down 179 pounds just to pass at MEPS). And when i got to MEPS, I barely made it in. I went through like 4 different scales because I was right at the mark of 179/180 and they decided to let me stay and finish everything.

And then at MEPS they told me in order to ship I have to lose another 15 to get to 165 pounds.

And I also went from barely being able to run a full lap, to running a mile. From doing 0 pullups to 3 or 4.

So I have improved, but I dont think I am "in shape". I had to workout alot just to be able to do the IST's and its making me think if I would be able to actually physically finish bootcamp.

What you wrote is making me think about this decision of joining the Marine Corps. Maybe im not ready. I dont want to be holding everybody back and messing it up for everybody. I dont know what im going to do right now.

You're gonna keep up your motivation and get a can do attitude, that's what you're gonna do!

Come on man. You've made the best decision of your life. You've set a nice goal; work towards it. You have to truly want it; need it.

You can do this.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raulg View Post
    I finished MEPS and started pool function the Saturday after. So if thats when I got into DEP then its been like 2 months.

I had to lose 15 pounds just to get to MEPS. (I was 194 pounds. Had to get down 179 pounds just to pass at MEPS). And when i got to MEPS, I barely made it in. I went through like 4 different scales because I was right at the mark of 179/180 and they decided to let me stay and finish everything.

And then at MEPS they told me in order to ship I have to lose another 15 to get to 165 pounds.

And I also went from barely being able to run a full lap, to running a mile. From doing 0 pullups to 3 or 4.

So I have improved, but I dont think I am "in shape". I had to workout alot just to be able to do the IST's and its making me think if I would be able to actually physically finish bootcamp.

What you wrote is making me think about this decision of joining the Marine Corps. Maybe im not ready. I dont want to be holding everybody back and messing it up for everybody. I dont know what im going to do right now.
    PCP (physical conditioning platoon).......well you get up early, eat a light breakfast..........PT...........eat a light Lunch.........PT Some More........Eat a light Dinner.........PT some more.......go to bed!

You still have about 2 months before shipping date, get off your azz and PT, Run and Run some more! At your height 5'5", I believe you said, you must look like a stump! If you don't show a remarkable improvement by August 1st, I'd ask my recruiter to push back your shipping date! I don't think you want to spend an extra month or so on the Depot, trust me, not in PCP!

GIT-R-DONE BOY!

Dave

Ok, here comes my two cents.

You need to dump the whining, $h!t-can your ideas that you might not make it and kick yourself in the backside!!

It is now June 5 (as I post this), by the way you speak, your leaving after August 1 so you more than likely have at least 2 months to whip yourself into shape. First thing you can do is search through this site. There are plenty of threads from Poolees and Wannbes who need to shed more than a few pounds. Read those, pull some of the info that you can use and go see your recruiter. It's his/her job to make sure your ready to go to Boot. That being said, it is your job to help them help you to be ready. You need to run, a lot, stay away from the sugary crap, eat less carbs, lots of veggies and protein, drink water, do calistenics (Pushups, Pullups, mountain-climbers, etc.). You have no one to blame but yourself if you show up and get dropped to PCP.

A note on that. Going to PCP is bad, enough said. Get that weak minded crap out of your brain and focus on getting in shape, going to Boot and being a Marine. You've motivated yourself to come this far, but you need to throttle it up a few notches to earn this title.

Good Luck!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Is going to PCP bad?",,, Naw, I did a month there,,, Especially liked running with flashlights, and soaking the floor 12 times a day.

HOLY CRAP Raulg!!! Ball up, stop your freakin whining.
    Get off you ass and do some freakin PT.
    Stop your *****ing or go join the Air Force.

Quit worrying and work. You are just about at minimum standards with 2 months left. Pass your IST and you'll be fine. Your DIs will see to it you get stronger by the time you take your final. Remember not every Marine is a 300 PFT'er but that doesn't make him or her any less of a Marine.

What? Do you enjoy being a fat disgusting pig? Put the HO -HO down fat boy and go for a run.

Angry No Whining

Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    HOLY CRAP Raulg!!! Ball up, stop your freakin whining.
    Get off you ass and do some freakin PT.
    Stop your *****ing or go join the Air Force.
    I agree, GO HARD OR STAY AT HOME!!! Not evryone is in shap when they hit the yellow foot prints...BUT IT HELPS, and yes the WHINING needs to go, just do it. From the second you wanted to be a Marine, you should have started getting in shape.

First thing you need to do is toughen up.You have plenty of time to get yourself in shape.Just stop whining and do it.Boot Camp is very pyhsical but even more mental.You need to get motivated or you are not going to make it.There a lot of recruits that show up in good shape and just do not cut it mentally.You have to just work hard to reach your goals and never quit

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    PCP (physical conditioning platoon).......well you get up early, eat a light breakfast..........PT...........eat a light Lunch.........PT Some More........Eat a light Dinner.........PT some more.......go to bed!

You still have about 2 months before shipping date, get off your azz and PT, Run and Run some more! At your height 5'5", I believe you said, you must look like a stump! If you don't show a remarkable improvement by August 1st, I'd ask my recruiter to push back your shipping date! I don't think you want to spend an extra month or so on the Depot, trust me, not in PCP!

GIT-R-DONE BOY!

Dave

DAM, DAVE....WARN SOMEONE BEFORE I TAKE A DRINK OF MY COFFEE......!!!!!! THAT WAS SOME FUNNY SH!T RIGHT THERE!! HAHAHAHA!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "This is what losing 80 pounds looks like", check it out.

The young man that wrote that is now a Marine currently in Afghanistan.

Thread Information