Female Reservists
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Female Reservists

My friend who is the process of DEPing into get ready to go to bootcamp has come across a major problem, she recently found out that there were no more slots open for females on the reserve option until October. She is currently a rising junior in college and she wants to continue her college education, but she really wants and kind of needs to go to bootcamp because she has a scholarship kind of determining on whether she goes to bootcamp or not, I was wondering if there was anyway to get around the no open slots, like is it possible that she goes to bootcamp under the active duty option and could she possibly switch over to the reserve option?? or anything??
    She has a good ASVAB score and she is pursuing the Officer Program.

She shouldn't be trying to join the enlisted Reserve if she's soon to be a senior and wants to become an officer. She should be trying to get into OCS. It's too late for PLC.

What kind of scholarship could she possibly have that would require her to go to bootcamp?
    Sounds fishy.

Geez, can tell you are not majoring in English!! What kind of garble is that?
    If your "friend" is so concerned then why doesn't she ask the questions?
    I agree with Rvillac2- this is a bunch of bull shiite!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    Geez, can tell you are not majoring in English!! What kind of garble is that?
    If your "friend" is so concerned then why doesn't she ask the questions?
    I agree with Rvillac2- this is a bunch of bull shiite!!

Well if she had the resources to ask she would, but she doesnt, so therefore she cant, all I am doing is helping a friend out....

Is her mouth sewn shut? Is she a mute?
    You gonna wipe her ass for her too?
    You gonna follow her through boot?

Go away.

Credits
    Savings
    Is her mouth sewn shut? Is she a mute?
    You gonna wipe her ass for her too?
    You gonna follow her through boot?

Go away.

??????

Well if you dont have any advice for my friend or information just dont respond, Semper Fi= Always Faithful

and im being faithful to my friend and your dear corps by trying to help a future Marine in need... so thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tell her to wait till October when all billets open up,,,,,,, And don't be kurt,,,, this is my site. You don't rate here.
    P.S. Learn to type.

Quote Originally Posted by ballin2010 View Post
    ??????

Well if you dont have any advice for my friend or information just dont respond, Semper Fi= Always Faithful

and im being faithful to my friend and your dear corps by trying to help a future Marine in need... so thanks
    Semper FI is something that Marines say to each other, not a phrase for civilians to use against Marines when they want our advice.

Anyway, I'm sure your friend is capable of using the computer herself or talking to a recruiter. If she is persistant, they will find her a slot. She has to act like she really wants it though and let them know that she's not just wasting their time. If she wants to become an officer though, then it would be pretty stupid to go enlisted for less than a year before going to OCS.

If you want to help her out so much why don't you let her use YOUR computer. Then she would have the resources needed and I wouldn't have a Marine "friend" sounding disrespectful towards my ******* SGT OF MARINES.

Ballin2010-

If your "friend" wants to become on Officer , then she will need to be a little more resourceful. I don't understand why she is not on here asking the questions. If it is important to her, wouldn't she be the one doing the research?
    This site is for Marines, by Marines. You are merely a guest in our house. Consider it a blessing that there is even a blog for people like you to come here and ask a Marine a question. Consider it an even bigger blessing that a Marine would even care to take the time to answer your question. If you do not like the way someone answers your questions, then it is you that should not respond back.
    You have shown blatant disrespect for Amarine0311. Sure, he is a little rough on the edges....but he is a combat vet- He is a hero in my eyes.
    Tell your friend to grow up, she needs some answers then she needs to come asking.

Credits
    Savings
    No disrespect to you all, but Marine or not, people nor anybody on a website is going to say whatever they want to me... point blank

and I do not see what's the big deal with me helping a friend and trying to find information for her...

No offense, but if one of you were in battle or anywhere, and someone in your platoon got injured and couldnt care for their own wounds, you wouldnt just leave them behind would you........ NO........ you would FIND or give them whatever you could to help them.......

Quote Originally Posted by ballin2010 View Post
    No disrespect to you all, but Marine or not, people nor anybody on a website is going to say whatever they want to me... point blank

and I do not see what's the big deal with me helping a friend and trying to find information for her...

No offense, but if one of you were in battle or anywhere, and someone in your platoon got injured and couldnt care for their own wounds, you wouldnt just leave them behind would you........ NO........ you would FIND or give them whatever you could to help them.......
    What the Hell you ever know about being in battle. We fight for a cause...and you think you can come into our house and insult us?!?
    You don't like the answers you get the don't f*cking come back!@!!

Credits
    Savings
    What the Hell you ever know about being in battle. We fight for a cause...and you think you can come into our house and insult us?!?
    You don't like the answers you get the don't f*cking come back!@!!
    And Im the one who cant type.... ha
    I know you all fight for a cause just like the rest of the armed forces, no one is disrespecting or insulting anyone..
    just making a point... and if YOU dont like that then oh well..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go away.

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry Split, but we help Marines, not whining wannabees!!

Thread Information