Ship date question
Create Post

Ship date question

I'm sorry in advance if this question has been asked, and I have searched for the answer but since I'm not allowed to talk to my recruiter until I'm 18 I thought I'd ask here.

I have to wait until I'm 18 to enlist and i was wondering if there was some way I could get the specific ship date I want in my contract? Would my recruiter be able to do this for me?

I do not think that he can do that. I asked my recruiter if I could ship out with a friend of mine the DEP, but he couldn't do it because there was no room for him to ship out the same time as me. So, the thing with you is that you will be shipped out when they have room for you.
    Hope I helped; God bless!

JAFORG,why can't you talk to your Recruiter until you are 18yrs old?I enlisted when I was 17 and shipped out a couple of weeks prior to my 18th birthday.Is it because of your parents?

If you're shipping a later, you can request a general time frame. I can't ship until my braces come off, so I asked if I could ship in August, that way I could miss the high school rush.

yeah..... you just can't talk to a recruiter until you're 17 yrs old (or unofficially if you're a Junior in high school)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ain't against the law to talk. What country you in? How old are you? According to your page, you already have a recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFORG View Post
    I'm sorry in advance if this question has been asked, and I have searched for the answer but since I'm not allowed to talk to my recruiter until I'm 18 I thought I'd ask here.

I have to wait until I'm 18 to enlist and i was wondering if there was some way I could get the specific ship date I want in my contract? Would my recruiter be able to do this for me?

What the hell...? Whats' stopping you from talking to a recruiter?! There is no law, rule or regulation that says ANYONE has to be 18 years old to talk to a recruiter!! The sooner you talk to one the better...better for you AND better for us!! That way we don't have to answer stupid frikkin questions like this!! So, run, Forrest, run...to the recruiter!!!

Go talk to him in early october that's the start of the fiscal year, I went to him in November and EVERY date that they were taking recruits I could get. So I'd say go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    Go talk to him in early october that's the start of the fiscal year, I went to him in November and EVERY date that they were taking recruits I could get. So I'd say go for that.
    Go talk to him in Aug/Sept, that way you can get all the paperwork done and go down to MEPS when all the slots are open in Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR90 View Post
    yeah..... you just can't talk to a recruiter until you're 17 yrs old (or unofficially if you're a Junior in high school)
    Its his Mom that said he cant.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Ain't against the law to talk. What country you in? How old are you? According to your page, you already have a recruiter.
    No but his Mom said no and told the recruiter to not talk to him and she has the law on her side.

so, yeah... she can prevent you from signing anything but you can always get information... they recruiter won't touch you if you say your mother is vehemently against you talking to him... and that you don't want him talking to her about it or he'll never be able to join till never!

so yeah. good luck.

Thread Information