Che Guevara - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Che Guevara

They might as well be wearing a shirt of hitler, stalin or saddam hussein because che was a mass murdering pyschopath. I watched a documentary on the history channel about him and it said he had hypersexuality disorder, was nicknamed chancho (or pig) because of his horrible hygiene, was homophobic and racist towards black people as well. Doesn't seem like a guy the far left would idolize...but they do.

I grew up in Hudson County NJ which has a large Cuban American population.I had many Cuban freinds who's families had to flee Cuba.They had relatives killed,imprisoned and there property seized.Many had to survive on a boat for days and many died.They should ask those poor folks about living in a communist eutopia.I don't think they would make a two blocks walking through Union City,NJ.

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by BR34
    "Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
    I agree. If kids want to wear a shirt about rebels, they should wear shirt with the faces of our forefathers on it. They are the true freedom fighting revolutionaries that stood up to the threats of tyranny, not some commie murderer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Im with outlaw I dont view this thread as political at all.

Jim

BR34 you should tell that to the Cuban Govt. maybe they will release some of their Dissidents from their prisons.I am also aware of our freedoms here in America many of us fought to defend them.I would just stick to a Nike shirt and leave the commie shirts home.

Half of Russia and ex-soviet bloc countries still support Stalin knowing damn well what he did. To them economic stability and order overshadows personal freedoms and authoritorian regime. People just have a different mindset that has been installed there for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    Half of Russia and ex-soviet bloc countries still support Stalin knowing damn well what he did. To them economic stability and order overshadows personal freedoms and authoritorian regime. People just have a different mindset that has been installed there for centuries.
    That's probably true but my issue is with Americans idolizing a blood thirsty communist guerilla fighter who they don't know anything about, not Eastern Europeans. I expect that from that part of the world, but not our American youth.

Domforce24 they just do not have the same values that we do.These are young people who never had to work a day in there life.Mommy and Daddy took care of all there needs,then they ship off to college and get brainwashed by their college professors while they sip there lattes.If they ever had to live in a communist country they would wish they had the freedom to wear a Regean or Pope t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24
    That's probably true but my issue is with Americans idolizing a blood thirsty communist guerilla fighter who they don't know anything about, not Eastern Europeans. I expect that from that part of the world, but not our American youth.
    Gavin,

I LIVED in Ukraine for 13 years. I know how people feel about Stalin there. To you, he is a sadistic communist tyrant, but to many he is a sign of economic and military progress and that's all that matters to them. A villain to one is a hero to others. It's only a matter who grew up around you and vice versa...if you spent most of your life around commies you'd probably be one too, and have same ideals.

Ask any elders that spent their best years in the USSR and most will tell you that life was better for them.

Now, these dumbarse kids wearing Che tees really don't bother me. All they do is just make me feel better about myself. 99% of them will eventually grow up and learn their history, just like many of today's ex-hippie baby boomers regret they missed Nam (interesting article in the Week a few months ago).

I'm not to sure about that

There are a hell of a lot of pro-American people in the old warsaw pac countries,One reason being they lived under those pricks for years. Look at the reception The Pres got when he was in Romania and Poland.The left wing in all the western countries won't let go of this Romantic thing they have for the Reds.

Its like

Its like the Hitler liked his dog thing.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have a Che Shirt but on his little hat it has a dollar sign and below his picture it says "This shirt brought to you by capitalism" and then I have one that is modeled like a Che shirt, but then it has a picture of Reagan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jameson
    There are a hell of a lot of pro-American people in the old warsaw pac countries,One reason being they lived under those pricks for years. Look at the reception The Pres got when he was in Romania and Poland.The left wing in all the western countries won't let go of this Romantic thing they have for the Reds.
    Absolutely, and guess what one of those families ended up in Salt Lake City!

When I was in Ukraine it seemed to me that only people who sympathized with old USSR regime were Party official elders who lost govt. property and benefits after 1990's and those who weren't old enough to actually experience what life in the USSR was like.

It's sort of like the hatred between young Bosnians and Serbians. They weren't old enough to see the horrors of the last Balkan war and they want the hate to continue. You have to be grown up in these countries to understand the tension and hatred.

Congratulations and welcome to your life or the life you wish to have. You get to fight for the freedom for others to wear, say, and do what they want and if necessary do it as stupidly as possible. Get used to it, you'll find a lot of things to be worse I'm sure in life.

Thread Information