My son deployed this am ...
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My son deployed this am ...

...my son, Pvt. Robert D. Warden III deployed to Parris Island this morning, well it started in the morning at 0600 and they did not get on the bus untill after 2:00. My son and I are very close. He is my best friend. This hurt as a father but I was also so proud of what he has become. I will be waiting for the "famous" phone call in the morning hours and can not wait for the couple of weeks where he can start receiving mail. Threre were 17 Marine Recruits leaving from Tampa this afternoon. I only wish I could have been on that bus with them. God Bless these young men and women.

I want to give a special thanks to Gen. "Butch" Neal for all the help and insight he gave to my son and I on his decisions with the Marine Corps.
    Dave Warden Jr.
    (Papa Warden)

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Darkgreen 0311

Your son is about to be the best of the best and will have brothers all over the world and different backgrounds. They will never turn their backs on him he's going to make you proud sir. I looked at the picture of you guys and he looks like a Marine already.......Keep us posted sir,when you receive a letter from him.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
    YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO TO OR DIE!!!

Don't worry Dad .Your son is in the best hands a boy can be .Just look forward to see him graduate as a Marine .Better yet ,A man .
    Semper Fi Sir .

Thank you. I will keep everyone posted.

My best friend shipped today to Parris Island today too sir. If you get a chance and wish tp, you can ask him if he is with a Recruit Donham in his platoon. Maybe they will strike up a recruit "buddyship," something I found to be helpful when I went through. Thank you for raising a fine young man sir, he will do great and make you proud.

Thank you. Dave will be 2nd. Batt. , Golf Co. I will post his Plat. when he finds this out. God Bless and thank you all, again.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good evening, Sir. Congratulations on your son choosing the United States Marine Corp many thanks to you and your loved ones who have give him the support he, I'm sure, appreciated.
    As mentioned, your son will be in good hands and his efforts will be noted.
    Take care of yourself and be sure to keep in touch. If you would like me to write your son occasionally please pm me with his mailing address and I will be sure to drop him a line.
    Adios, for now.
    Gary

Good luck with the son Wardey. It will seem alot longer for him than it does for you, guarantee. Who's your favorite Marine???

Credits
    Savings
    Best of luck to your future Marine!! Its quite a rollercoaster ride when they are in bootcamp but boy how how they look on graduation day

Marie

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Its an Honorable thing worthy of any good family. Politics come and go with the wind. The need for a strong Marine Corps never changes.

Raising your son to push himself beyond conventional recognition is extraordinary. Take a stroll at your local mall and see the 'wild life'. You will know in an instant that your family takes America seriously.

Look at half of our Member Profiles, you will see Our Favorite Marines are our own Family. Your Son will be your Favorite Marine, he will be the Uncle of his nephews' Favorite Marine.

25 years laters my Dad is still Proud as heck that he raised a son that did what he wish he could have done.

Credits
    Savings
    I know the feeling wardy im in the same boat.my son has been at pi for two weeks its tough.when you get the first letter it helps.
    how can anyone not be proud of what all these young people are doing?

keith

wardy sent you a email

Dave called us about 10:00 last night to say they were at a gas station and they let them make the last call before entering Parris Island. Said everything was good and they were going to try and get their hair cuts and gear and foot lockers distributed out to them last night once they arrived. Said he got about 6 hours of sleep on the bus and felt good. (Sounded GREAT !!!) He called again about 11:30 with the famous call :

This is Pvt. Warden, I have arrived safely at Parris Island. I will contact you by mail in 7 to 10 days. I love you. Then hung up.

Also thet stopped and had a STEAK dinner !!!! What's up with that !!! Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey
    Dave called us about 10:00 last night to say they were at a gas station and they let them make the last call before entering Parris Island. Said everything was good and they were going to try and get their hair cuts and gear and foot lockers distributed out to them last night once they arrived. Said he got about 6 hours of sleep on the bus and felt good. (Sounded GREAT !!!) He called again about 11:30 with the famous call :

This is Pvt. Warden, I have arrived safely at Parris Island. I will contact you by mail in 7 to 10 days. I love you. Then hung up.

Also thet stopped and had a STEAK dinner !!!! What's up with that !!! Dave

OOH Rah ! Good to Know now it will be two more weeks for him .Do not worry Sir .Now they just get ready to process all the paper work & medical .Those are the longest two weeks for every Marine at PI .Just keep writing him ,and if you can't do that .A card saying how proud you are of him .Do this everyweek he needs support .OK sir until then .

Smile

Hello there and Congrats on your son starting out on the Journey of the rest of his life. My son is LCpl and is on his way home from his first deployment in Iraq. He will be "Boots on Ground" tomorrow morning...

I was reading your posts, Wardey. Not to get technical, BUT, your son is not a private, but a "Recruit" until he gradutes from Boot Camp. He will graduate with the rank of Pvt. or PFC. depending on how he does in Boot.
    Good Luck to you and your son, and welcome to the BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD.

Sincerely,
    Cindy
    VPMM of LCpl. Adam
    MAG 39
    HMLA 169
    Camp Pendleton, CA

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations to you and your son. My son graduated from PI on 11/21/07. It was the proudest moment of my life. To see the change in him was breathtaking and it's a moment that I will never, ever forget. My son is the 11th family member to join the Corp. and I don't think he saw himself doing anything different with his life. Good luck to your son. I hope the next 13 weeks goes fast for your family....

Thread Information