Had A Great Day With Shooters From Ar15.com
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Had A Great Day With Shooters From Ar15.com

I spent my memorial day with shooters from ar15.com, 3 of the shooters was ative Marine's, And one was Army all we did all day was shoot SH*% all to HE!!. We took shots over a 1/2 mile.." 1000yrds". Here is a link to look at some of the pics, hope you like them.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1957507

That's awesome. I just ordered my AR15 today and I'm gonna have it on Friday!!!

Nice pictures. Where did you guys order your AR15's from?

Try www.gunsamerica.com.

I bought a few things through them, and I've sold 4 rifles/shotguns/handguns on there. I recently sold my AR for like 600 bucks on that site, so there are def. deals to be had out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34
    Try www.gunsamerica.com.

I bought a few things through them, and I've sold 4 rifles/shotguns/handguns on there. I recently sold my AR for like 600 bucks on that site, so there are def. deals to be had out there.
    Thanks Lance Corporal, I was looking at bushmaster also.

You can also try modelonesells.com i bulit mine m4 ..

Bushmaster is overpriced, and it doesn't chrome all of their barrels.

Check out Armalite kits, or DPMS kit if you don't mind unchromed barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by bbond007
    You can also try modelonesells.com i bulit mine m4 ..
    Link doesn't work BBond007.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    Bushmaster is overpriced, and it doesn't chrome all of their barrels.

Check out Armalite kits, or DPMS kit if you don't mind unchromed barrels.
    Thanks Donut Brigade I'll take a look. This is the one I was looking at it has a Chrome Lined ChromeMoly Steel barrel.

Save a lot of your money and buy a kit, assemble your own.

Just buy parts directly from manufacturers. You will save bank and best of all make a rifle that's best for YOU.

Have fun.

Screw ARs, get an AK! www.vectorarms.com, www.gunbroker.com, www.jgsales.com

If you do decide to get an AR, don't get an Olympic Arms, TRUST ME!

My Collection minus a few:

I just sold the AR-15 on the bottom and bought a scope for the M1A and a reflex sight for the AK.
    Have almost 1k rounds through the AK, have cleaned it maybe 3 times, and it has never ever jammed or had any type of malfunction whatsoever.

man I love that website...I hang there all the time.

Those guys answered a LOT of my military questions when I was trying to get some info on the different branches. Good guys.

hey one more thing, could anyone point me in the direction of some resources to build a rifle from a kit? you all say it saves money...sounds good, cause i don't have a lot of that. i have never owned a gun before though, so if it's something a noob can't figure out, maybe i should just buy one already built.

Building an AR can be quite simple- All you need to do is buy a complete lower reviever and complete upper and then put them together-your recruiter could tell you how to do that. You can find a lower for about $80, and Uppers range anywhere from $400 to a few thousand. Now if you want to build another type of rifle, it can become far more complicated to the point where you would need to be machining parts ect. and unless you want to do it as a hobby and spend alot of time learning about it, its probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbond007
    I spent my memorial day with shooters from ar15.com, 3 of the shooters was ative Marine's, And one was Army all we did all day was shoot SH*% all to HE!!. We took shots over a 1/2 mile.." 1000yrds". Here is a link to look at some of the pics, hope you like them.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1957507
    forgive me for speaking before I can see the photo link, I'm at work and I can't log in right now. But, what were you shooting at with an AR15 at 1,000 yards? What type of target? Was that a heavy barreled weapon that you were using? Did you use iron sights? What type of rounds,,, or how heavy was the bullet?

I am asking because for the most part, wind [and it doesn't have to blow that hard at long distances to cause problems] but it can really mess with rounds fired from some weapons, at distances over 700 yards. And that's already assuming that you can shoot to begin with. And I'm not saying you won't/can't/didn't hit anything. But I'd be interested to know some of those little details.....

So, after seeing the pics I'd assume the .50 was doing the 1,000 yard shots, makes sense now.

Thread Information