question about promotions in the reserves
Create Post

question about promotions in the reserves

so im pretty sure im going to join the reserves when i do join and i have a question about promotions. how do they work in the reserves? i know on active duty after a certain amount of time you get bumped up to PFC and then LCrp. is that the same in the reserves? and since you only drill once a month and 2 weeks a year is the time frame the same in the reserves?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by syxx2003
    so im pretty sure im going to join the reserves when i do join and i have a question about promotions. how do they work in the reserves? i know on active duty after a certain amount of time you get bumped up to PFC and then LCrp. is that the same in the reserves? and since you only drill once a month and 2 weeks a year is the time frame the same in the reserves?
    First of all, this isn't MySpace or texting! We spell out our words or abbreviate them correctly.

Second we have rules on this site,

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29048

Third, and I can't resist this one, think about what you asked! The Reserves drill one week end a month...that's 48 days active duty, then 14 days a year for training, that's a total of 68 days! If the Corps only counted Active Duty Days, for promotion, imagine how long it would be to get enough days in, to get that time in service required, to be promoted to PFC and L/Cpl.........we're talking years here! To make Cpl, we're talking retirement!

It took me .29 seconds to use the search engine to find 85 threads on this subject!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/se...earchid=318231

Read and heed the what we call "Stickys" in the poolee hall forum!

Welcome to the site...now get yourself squared away!

Dave

I did search and what I read didnt answer my question. Forget I asked.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, well, well, another attitude not checked at the log in page! I took the time to search for you and even post that link, I gave you some good sound advice and you come back to me with this?

A simple "Thank You Corporal" would have been nice! But if you want to play hardball, bring it on WANNABE! You will find the's more than what meets the eye here pal! You have just insulted a NCO in the Marine Corps on a Marine Corps site! Stand by, there will be INCOMING!

This one is fair game Marines!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    23yo, WalMart stockboy, video game playing, wannabee.

Disrespect must run in your family.

Dave gave you good advise. You pizzed on his leg.

Well here's some advise from me - GO ****ING ARMY!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bet he lives at home with mommy too. At 23 I was a sergeant with five-years in. Ah well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Stay with Walmart,son. You could get promoted to Greeter,E10 some day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ain't THIS one a piece of work? Hard head make for a soft a$$...........maybe you'll do better in the Navy.

Better for you to jump on board with the rules and regs, son. When you ask a Marine something in here, your ONLY response to the answer you get should be "THANK YOU SIR/MA'AM" (do I need to go over THIS rule again?) unless another question pops into your little "used for hat rack only" head - do you understand? (Your proper response here would be "YES MA'AM!").

.......and have a highly decorated blue smock!

DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT DISRESPECTING ANYBODY IN HERE, BOY!! YOU BETTER GET SOME DAM RESPECT IN THAT FRIKKIN BODY WHEN YOU COME IN HERE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?! THESE FINE MARINES HAVE ENDURED MORE SH!T IN THEIR LIVES THAN YOU HAVE BETWEEN YOUR EARS!! THAT'S QUITE A FRIKKIN LOT IF YOU ASK ME!!

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DO A SEARCH BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS HERE...THIS IS A WEBSITE FOR MARINES, BOY!! GO BACK TO WAL-MART AND POUT OR GO MAKE SOMEONE A SANDWICH...THE WORLD NEEDS DITCH-DIGGERS, TOO!!! YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE IN MY BELOVED CORPS!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So, ahhh, Big Jim, tell us how you really feel about this guy. Don't be shy, we can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    So, ahhh, Big Jim, tell us how you really feel about this guy. Don't be shy, we can handle it.

I thought he was getting off light, brother!! LOL! A good azz-chewing always yanked me back to reality...hope it does the same for this kid!!

i know on active duty after a certain amount of time you get bumped up to PFC and then LCrp.
    Haha LCrp=Lance Crappel

LMAO Lance Crappel...I'm glad I'm not a Lance Crappel anymore.

After the 96 that's what I'm calling all of my Lance's from now on. Seriously.

Thread Information