Boot Camp PT - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot Camp PT

"...would I draw repercussions from the Drill Instructors?"

That is so rich! ROTF.

One more time, Jester. Read the POOL-ee Hall and Marine Mentor forums....all of them!

Just ****ing begin.

I advise this little exercise as you have apparently missed something important somewhere.

Anything you do will have the Drill Instructors watching you. After all, that's one of the numerous things they get paid to do. Make sure ya watch, listen and do what yer told when yer told to do it. Keep yer mouth shut unless spoken too. You'll be alright.

You've gotten some very good advice here as well as some folks just havin' a bit of fun with ya! Make sure ya can do the IST and pass it and read and study that book yer Recruiter gave ya. If yer still in school keep yer grades up, too.

Bones

3 times a week??? I don't remember ever going to that country club! 3 times a day is more like it! Not to mention creating indoor grinders, rifle drill with footlockers, and mountain climbers until you wanted to die! The good ole days!

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH 3X'S REPERCUSIONS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA YOUR KILLIN ME

Hey I am just a poolee as well as you but it sounds like your recruiter isnt doing there job or you just arent paying attention!
    Didn't you get the video in your welcome aboard package? you need to watch it more often and pay attention to detail.

J-Hack
    "One team One fight"

Originally posted by J-Hack
    ...or you just arent paying attention!
    Didn't you get the video in your welcome aboard package? you need to watch it more often and pay attention to detail.

I'm glad you said that! When I say stuff like that people get mad at me! LOL

A lot of questions have already been answered by the recruiter, now in all the excitement, at times, it's easy to get too distracted to really pay attention to what has been said or even shown.

That's where we come in.

There is a helluva lot of info posted on this site for POOL-ees and DEPers. We kinda expect them to take advantage of the time and effort we've all put into assembling that information for their convenience. That said, there are some questions that haven't been asked yet, and some that haven't been addressed because the answers are so obvious to those who have become Marines that the question is seemingly stupid or hilarious. The Jester's query was one of those. LOL.

Still other questions are case sensitive, so to speak. Most of the latter are best addressed by your recruiters.

There isn't any question that is really stupid if ya don't know the answer ahead of time. Some questions are asked so often around here, that several of us posted the answers and links for more information for you ahead of time. THIS is why we ask and tell and even order you to read the POOL-ee Hall and the Marine Mentor forums before you start posting questions that have been answered numerous times in numerous ways before. Once you have some basic info in yer BHG, your questions will then have more content and will elict more information than they would before you did the reading and studying we've assigned you.

Yer still gonna catch hell. We will tease you and mess with yer heads and we can all have a bit of fun and get the job done....which is to get you ready for recruit training.

Our methods work, and they work well. There are nearly 7,000 members on this site, most of them are Marines, many of the rest are family members of Marines. Even if you are very conservative in your calculations, that is 20,000 years of experience, knowledge and wisdom about the Corps from WWII to the present.

IF you want to learn about the Marine Corps, it might be worth paying attention to what we have to say, whether you like it or not.

There's just an outside chance that we know what the hell we're talking about!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by garryh123
    PT 3 times a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Holy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    U musta heard that from some army doggie slacker!!!!

Hey some of us WISH it was just 3 times a week. Although I hahe met paople that say they only did 3 days in basic. I was doing pt everyday at my duty station.

You need to listen to all, we have been there! Definatley listen to bones! He talks a straight game. But, no matter what's said or shown, you won't know till you get there! We can give you an idea (The best) of what to expect. And at the same time, you have to do it to know! If you want it "bad enough", you WILL be a Marine!

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile

don't know wre this young got his info, but being a EX D.I. the
    only time you won't be doing PT is when your sleeping, eating,
    or at religious services (MAY-BE). You don't have to worry about
    getting enough, the DI's will accomadate you.

Registered User Free Member Devil0321/8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You aren't kiddin' richgitz. They PT'd us till they were tired!

But Things Have changed! Stress cards and all! LOL

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The stress card thing is just Army or something, right? Please tell me that they have not made their way into the Corps. Please!

It's Army...

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question

What-The- F**K is a stress Card? I'll tell you one thing, I'm glad
    I'm not on the Field anymore. Whats next private rooms & maids
    or may-be Boot Camp off Base living, or Hot Tubs and Broads to
    to give messages. How about some Liberty while we're at.

Registered User Free Member BigCat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Speaking as a former DI, you're going to be PT'd to death!! You'll PT in the morning...PT at noon....PT at night...You'll PT for doing things well, and you'll PT for doing things poorly...You'll PT for things that you have no control over and you'll PT for things that you never heard of....You'll even PT just because....You'll PT in your sleep, and you'll PT in the chow line. Three times a week? Let me ask you...did you pass the drug test?? Now hear this you little maggot....You have no idea what your in for when it comes to PT....I STRONGLY suggest that you hit it hard between now and the time you leave for boot camp. Then, if you have the mettle to become one of us, you come back here and let us know.
    Good luck....Start sweatin' pig!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by BigCat
    You'll even PT just because

"PT till I get TIRED of WATCHING"

My favorite quote.

There were several recruits in my platoon that got PT instead of an "interservice transfer". Around 2nd or 3rd week, our Drill Instructors gathered the platoon in the classroom and popped the question. (Several fell for it.) It was a good day to PT.

Thread Information