Boot Camp PT
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot Camp PT

Boot Camp PT

I hear average PT in bootcamp now is 3 times a week. Although I"m sure its very much so adequate, I know from personal experiance that I have to do some extra PT in order for my body to develop the endurance desired (I do pushups, Pullups, Dips, and crunches in my room everynight).

If I were to wake up early or use my freetime to do this would I draw repercussions from the Drill Instructors?

Re: Boot Camp PT

Originally posted by TheJester
    I hear average PT in bootcamp now is 3 times a week. Although I"m sure its very much so adequate, I know from personal experiance that I have to do some extra PT in order for my body to develop the endurance desired (I do pushups, Pullups, Dips, and crunches in my room everynight).

If I were to wake up early or use my freetime to do this would I draw repercussions from the Drill Instructors?
    I usually don't interject in this pre-maggot thread, but I would like to verify this thought/scuttlebutt.
    you can count on sometimes PTing 3 times after yer weak

ridiculous questions deserve wtf they get for an answer...stupid questions can and are asked...yours is one.

you will PT....and ....You WILL Like it.

if ya get to boot..and become a Marine...let me know How ya like Rifle exercises.

Lakeland, Florida smack inbetween Tampa and Orlando
    Credits
    Savings
    First of all... you will not "wake up early," especially not to excercise. Although pt during nightly free time is encouraged. Crunches and the like can conceivably be done in the rack, though your drill instructor will more than likely demand your eyelids close at lights out. After the first week, you'll PT darn near every day for those first few weeks (except Sunday). Our platoon had atleast 2 back to back 5 day pt weeks. As training progresses and you "avg 3 pt's" your runs will be longer and your Series Guns will demand more from your constantly broken down body during every pt sesion. But I must admit this is an altogether retarded question. You WILL PT often enough to suit you. If you dont "PT" you'll probably have Martial Arts training, Pugil sticks, and or the ever-so-lovely quarterdeck/pit combo to wear your butt out. Your endurance will increase on its own, as it's designed to. However you will notice your total strength levels deplete rapidly during first phase, especially in that first week. For instance i did 9 pullups at the recruiting station the day before I shipped, but did 7 on the IST. Enjoy!

Just ask your DI if you can take a little jog after chow, maybe get in a round of golf.

In high school we had football camp. It lasted for two weeks, monday thru saturday, and were two-a-days. If you weren't dog tired everytime you stepped off the field, you weren't puttin' out. And my coach was Army! I think that more PT will be the farthest thing from your mind if yer puttin' out. But, if not, make sure you leave your addy....I'm sure these guys will send you a care package......

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

PT

Jester,
    Your Drill Instructors will know how much PT is good for you. In some cases, you may PT until they get tired of watching.
    These side-straddle hops aren't quite right in form, but just for starters -->

Jester, are you doing this one yet?

Think in your mind the voice of a Drill Instructor.

From the position of attention and then returning to the position of attention.

"GET ON YOUR BACK---GET ON YOUR BELLY---GET UP--- GET ON YOUR BELLY--- GET UP--- GET ON YOUR BACK---GET UP"
    "YOU'RE MOVING TO SLOW PEOPLE"----GET DOWN--- GET ON YOUR BACK---GET UP"

Are you getting the idea?

"wake up early" ha, thats a good one... unless something has changed in the past 20+ years.... you dont get out of the rack unless told to do so

greensideout: what about "GET IN THE PIT - MAKE IT RAIN" where you grab handfulls of sand and throw it in the air while you do star jumpers.....

Semper Fi,

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Don't forget the ever popular:

"JUST Fkn BEGIN",

at which time the Drill Instructor will go to the mess hall, P.X., take a dump.

Tomorrow he/she may tell you to stop.

(in the voice of 'Tatoo')

"de fleas, de fleas"

Talking Black Flag Up and

the nice DI's had us PT'ing inside the barracks. At least we were not ouside. LOL How many remember those nice hot days on the Island along with the ever famous "SAND FLEAS."

Red Dragon aka HL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    PT is accomplished in so many ways. Even when you aren't in PT gear, your DIs will find ways to exercise your body!!!! PT will be more frequent than three times a week. It doesn't matter if you need it or not, you will get it (I'm sure many of us remember motivational PT or trips to the quarterdeck and pit!). Just be sure to display a lot of motivation durin PT sessions and sound off!

SIXGUNS

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    hahahahahahahahahahaha 3x a week hahahahahahahaha

PT 3 times a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Holy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    U musta heard that from some army doggie slacker!!!!

Registered User Free Member J. WILSON's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    More like...3X a day..........GET ON YOURE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a better way to say this would be:
    You will go outside, in PT gear, make a nice little formation, do the warm up, run, and a cool down three times a week. You will be doing much more than this though. You will visit the quarter deck and the pit on a regular basis, you will be doing things with foot lockers and bedding that you can't even imagine. Getting enough PT will not be a problem. But, with that being said, I always did a set of pull ups to failure during free time. Of course, free time didn't exist until we had been around for awhile, and by that point you know getting enough PT isn't an issue.

Thread Information