Boot Camp PT - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boot Camp PT

Thumbs up BigCat

Speaking as a former DI, you're going to be PT'd to death!! You'll PT in the morning...PT at noon....PT at night...You'll PT for doing things well, and you'll PT for doing things poorly...You'll PT for things that you have no control over and you'll PT for things that you never heard of....You'll even PT just because....You'll PT in your sleep, and you'll PT in the chow line. Three times a week? Let me ask you...did you pass the drug test?? Now hear this you little maggot....You have no idea what your in for when it comes to PT....I STRONGLY suggest that you hit it hard between now and the time you leave for boot camp. Then, if you have the mettle to become one of us, you come back here and let us know.
    He, he, I love it when you talk dirty, and you still haven't told them really how much P.T., but, they'll find out!!

what is a stress card?

The Army recruits get them when they feel like they're bein' yelled at too much, they can then pull a 'stress card' out of their pocket and show it to the Drill Sergeant ( That's what they're called in the Army), and the Drill Sergeant can't yell at them for a certain length of time. They can 'only' be used twice per day by the recruit.

As a Marine Corps recruit, yer not gonna have to worry about keepin' track of any stress cards......

LOL, i knew marine boot camp was quite a bit harder but i didn't realize it was like that in the army.

Always capitalize Marine. Period.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wish i would've had one, and can they be used in war. lol
    Had a girl pull one out at my last unit, she was (insert good word for hazed here). They sure do fly well when a SSG hits the wind just right.

Registered User Free Member offhand200's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    3x a week. Who the he*# told you that? Boot camp IS PT PT EVERY DAY BUILD MY BODY THE DRILL INSTRUCTORS WAY. Oh and you get a little extra if your a squad leader or guide. If you want more PT in boot camp just give a little giggle every time the drill instructor says "PLATOON....AAAATEENNNHUH!!!!" I'm sure he would be glad to give you some Incentive Training ha ha ha.

Credits
    Savings
    PT! Yes, "Physical Training" is a constant in your everyday routine as a Marine recruit and it follows you throughout your time as a Marine as well. Yes, there are sometimes you go and do organized "PT" ,as a Series or Company, but every Recruit will do some sort of PT everyday of Recruit Training. A Marine trains to be in peak physical condition so that one day if he/she gets into a combat situation, anywhere around the world, they will be ready to withstand the rigors of combat.
    Stress Card! I don't think so! I have yet to see one on the Depot nor have I heard of one in any MCRD. If you feel you need to have one as a Marine Recruit then we don't need you. Attrition is the Mission so that we can weed out the weak and keep the strong so that we are a more productive show of force in the eyes of our enemies.

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

BigCat hit all the bases. PT after every other breath. The DI's
    have more than one way to get you in shape, which you will
    experience, that for D*mn sure. Them Squad Bay floors will be
    so wet, you'll think it rained in doors.

Credits
    Savings
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in War!" Remember that when you're pushing earth and wondering.....Why? "Our's is not to wonder why, but Our's is to do or die." "Discipline is our foundation and pain is our builder."

Semper Fi!

Registered User Free Member joemustang's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    im leaving for PI in exactly 1 month, and i ride my mountain bike to the gym and workout for at least an hour or more. on average i ride my bike around 3 miles a day and i try to run about 3X a week. i run a mile or more when i do. is this good exercise to get myself in shape for boot. and also i would like some info on more stuff i can do to better prepare myself for boot. i am looking forward to goin to boot because i want to earn the title of united states marine.

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    First thing is when when you type the words, United States Marine. Use CAPITAL LETTERS! Show some respect for our Corps.
    POOLEE.

Joemustang, you are the only one that knows if you are getting yourself into the shape you need to be in. If you want us to make a guess, we need to know a little more than you gave us. What is your mile and a half and three mile run time? How many pull ups and crunches can you do? Just telling us you go to the gym and ride a bicycle isn't letting us know anything.

When I was a recruiter I ran my Poolees 3 miles at the pool function. No mile and a half crap... well until I got caught

As for boot camp pt, not 3x a week, not once a day, but how about three or four times a day

Semper Fi,

Registered User Free Member joemustang's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    my mile n a half the first time i ran it was 10:56 and the second time was 11:07. first time i did pullups n crunches i did 10 pullups and 55 crunches and the second time i did 11 pullups and 70 crunches. i havent yet timed myself on a 3 mile run but i do run on my road to this one persons house and my dad measured the distance with his truck mileage. also is it a good thing to stop drinkin soft drinks and try to stick with just water before i go in. i leave for boot in 28 days.

Thread Information