Pi/sd
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pi/sd

Pi/sd

So I have perused through this forum and searched around for the answer to this, but I cant seem to get it. Basically my question is if there is a way to choose which bootcamp you go to.

Why do I ask this? Because I am from Bloomington, IN which is east of the Mississippi. From my understanding if you are east of it you go to PI and if you are west of it you go to SD, with some exceptions. However, my recruiter has told me a few times that I will go to San Diego, and I have no problem with that (I know either one will be hell), but I was just assuming it would be
    PI and was curious.

Credits
    Savings
    It doesn't matter. Just get on the bus. You'll stand on the Yellow Footprints and cry for Mommy at either place.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! I know that's right!

What difference does it make where you go to boot camp?

Quote Originally Posted by JJA1990
    From my understanding if you are east of it you go to PI and if you are west of it you go to SD, with some exceptions.
    That's what I thought too but I live a bit north of Chicago and my recruiter said we go to San Diego. Hills vs. sand fleas is the gist of it from what I hear.

I live east of the Mississippi (WI) but the recruiting district that WI is in is considered to be West of the Mississippi, therefore I go to SD. I figure your in the same boat.

Girls are the exception. They all go to the Island.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreBlanks
    That's what I thought too but I live a bit north of Chicago and my recruiter said we go to San Diego. Hills vs. sand fleas is the gist of it from what I hear.
    Boot Camp is Boot Camp. You get the same training at either one. There are no hills at MCRD, San Diego.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine
    Boot Camp is Boot Camp. You get the same training at either one. There are no hills at MCRD, San Diego.
    The Gunny is right! But there are hills at Pendelton during the rifle range and SOI/West

Dave

You are screwed either way.

Like I said, I know its gonna be hell either way..

I was curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine

HAHAHHA, yeah no hills, just some bumps

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We only send the girls to MCRD Parris Island.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    They send the hetero males to PI, 'cause smellin' quiff and not being able to have any makes the training that much more stressful.

Oh my God man, the gell or perfume or whatever those girls wore made us all go nuts... I swear to God it was kicking my ass all 3 months.

They all looked so nasty and greasy....but I still would've...

Dog, we were at the chapel for something with the females sitting in the seats across the isle from my plt. I was in the isle seat, glancing over at the females any chance I could. I caught eyes from this one and thought "F*ck yeah, after we graduate, she and I will practice making babies!" It was awesome. Get to MCT and she was in our sister platoon, marching around and made eyes at me again. After taking 10 days leave and seeing women who were allowed to shower regularly and do all that good stuff in the civilian world, I wondered wtf I was thinking. She was so busted in the face...boot camp does some crazy sh*t to you. I'm sure she had a good personality, though

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    They all looked so nasty and greasy....but I still would've...

Thats ****in disgusting man... I lost the little respect I had for you
    Disgusting plt 2074... noobs

Thread Information