Create Post

Thread: 0331

first of all i am a high school student currently and would like to join the marines directly after i graduate and i have been interested in the mos of machine gunner and i have read about it all over the internet but i was wondering a few things and i apologize if any of these questions sound foolish because more than likely i dont know what i am talking about but i was wondering how hard it is to get into this mos, where i might go to if i go into this mos, what do marines in this mos do daily, and i have seen all kinds of stuff about what specifically people in this mos do but i dont know which is right or if they are all right but if you are a 0331 will you be in a fire team or ride around on top of a hummvee?
    thank you for your time

First you need to write this out and talk it out.

Run on sentences every where.

It makes it easier for us to read.

S/F<
    CEYA!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceya
    First you need to write this out and talk it out.

Run on sentences every where.

It makes it easier for us to read.

S/F<
    CEYA!

and Click Here

Im an 11 but I got a lotta buddys who are machine gunners (actually I carry a saw so technically Im a light machine gunner )

Yeah though as a 31 you'll work with m240 gulf and echo's, m2 .50 cal's, and mk19's. As for your assignment, most of my 31 buddys are gunners on vehicles but some are embedded in straight leg battalions with the 11's so its luck of the draw weather you gotta hump the ***** or you get to ride with her in a vic.

Well getting into the 0331 isnt hard at all. While at soi youll be trained on all machine guns. If you go to soi on the west coast you will most likely stay on the west coast primerly Camp Pendleton. You will either be placed into a weapons company and man a turret with a heavy gun. If you get a line company you will walk everywhere. You will be assigned a platoon among the 0311's. Weapns company primerly does convoy training. Line company you will be trained on the 0311 stuff, as well as 0331 employment with the 11's. Daily life while not in the field is machine gun knowledge, classes on gun employment, gun drills. Youll also do ranges with the 240G. On deployment you may have to do both duties. My unit had to support ourselves. So I would man a turret on our convoy to our patrol base. Then i would do foot patrols with the 240G. No fire teams. You will be in a squad and then a gun team. A machine gun squad will consist of two gun teams. Team leader, gunner, ammo man. So third squad machine guns will be with third platoon 0311's. I hope this helps answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sdr77
    first of all i am a high school student currently and would like to join the marines directly after i graduate and i have been interested in the mos of machine gunner and i have read about it all over the internet but i was wondering a few things and i apologize if any of these questions sound foolish because more than likely i dont know what i am talking about but i was wondering how hard it is to get into this mos, where i might go to if i go into this mos, what do marines in this mos do daily, and i have seen all kinds of stuff about what specifically people in this mos do but i dont know which is right or if they are all right but if you are a 0331 will you be in a fire team or ride around on top of a hummvee?
    thank you for your time
    Wow that was all one sentence...

Wait!

When you see it, you'll **** bricks.

There was actually a questin mark towards the end. There was two sentences, so it's ok. Instead of one demented window licking run on sentence, it's one demented window licking run on sentence with a normal one on the side.

Sorry about the run on sentence I didn't know this was english class and I'm not a marine so you can't expect me to be perfect. Really though thank you guys who were not being jerks for the information you gave me.

careful you may need us jerks one day lol

I was a 0331 from 1993-1997, I was in when we transitioned from the M60 Echo 3's to the 240 Gulf's. Life was exactly as stated prior, but remember when you go on humps your not carrying that twig M16 your humping a "Mans Gun" son.

I was assigned to a Weapons Platoon for the last 1 1/2 yrs of my enlistment and I wouldn't change being a Machine-Gunner for anything in this world.

When we would do force on force training the second you open up with a burst from a machinegun everyone knows your name and wants to get the hell away from you....

First of all I would like to truly apologize, I really did not realize how disrespectful I was in my reply. I just have a real hard time in Eglish and I it makes me angry when people make fun of me about it.I used to be very immature and someone on my football team made fun of me and before our semifinal game I hit him in practice and gave him a concussion (sorry I have no idea how to spell that) yeah but we lost the game. What I am getting at is I respect you guys so much and have always looked up to you

guys because I come from a military family and if any of them would have seen that post they would kick the crap out of me, and most of all I decided I wanted to join the Marines at the funeral of a buddy of mines funeral who died in Iraq. But I hope you guys will please forgive me.

Thread Information