Going Corpsman?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Corpsman?

Going Corpsman?

Hello Marines and poolees,

I have a question. I am currently enlisted in the USMC DEP and I haven't chosen my MOS yet. I am considering going Corpsman, and yes I know that it is Navy, but is it possible to switch over to the USN DEP? Or will I have to redo MEPS and the ASVAB all over again? This isn't final yet, but I hope that my recruiter doesn't get ****ed at me if I do decide to go Corpsman.

I am really interested in helping people and bandaging them up, and at the same time I want to roll with Marines. As a Corpsman, do I get the honor of also being called a Marine or am I going to be something else?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bonnjanry
    Hello Marines and poolees,

I have a question. I am currently enlisted in the USMC DEP and I haven't chosen my MOS yet. I am considering going Corpsman, and yes I know that it is Navy, but is it possible to switch over to the USN DEP? Or will I have to redo MEPS and the ASVAB all over again? This isn't final yet, but I hope that my recruiter doesn't get ****ed at me if I do decide to go Corpsman.

I am really interested in helping people and bandaging them up, and at the same time I want to roll with Marines. As a Corpsman, do I get the honor of also being called a Marine or am I going to be something else?

Thanks!
    I believe in order to be a Corpsman you have to go through Marine Boot Camp but other then not I'm not really sure.

-Poolee Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell B
    I believe in order to be a Corpsman you have to go through Marine Boot Camp but other then not I'm not really sure.

-Poolee Brown
    NOPE! Wrong, Corpsman go through Navy bootcamp, then to their medical training, then to Camp Pendleton for Field Med.

and to answer the original question, NO, you do NOT get to be called a Marine. That requires you to actually complete what you originally set out to do and JOIN the MARINE CORPS!

Damn, what is wrong with kids today....you buy them the books, you send them to school...and what do they do? Ask dumb questions.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You should have decided this BEFORE you took up a Marine Recruiter's time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl
    Damn, what is wrong with kids today....you buy them the books, you send them to school...and what do they do? Ask dumb questions.
    And you can't kill 'em - LOL!

You can be a Combat Life Saver in the Marines. You get to do corpsman type stuff such as Give IVYs, pressure dressings, splints, turnaqits (sp), wounded carries, deal with burns and shock victims. I'm CLS certified as many Marines are.

First off if you want to be a squid you will have to go through squid bootcamp and one day be called a semen.

Second if you do become a semen , at least you will be a Corpsman. The only thing as good as a Marine is a corpsman if you are in a line platoon. Ive known alot of good Corpsman, who would have made outstanding MARINES. Make sure if you do go Navy make sure you become a Corpsman and make sure you are a good piece of gear. Every rifle platoon needs a great Corpsman.

Lastly if you want to switch over you wont have to retake your asvab or even redo your physical. You have to talk to your local navy sea creature, and he will instruct you on what to do. But before you do that you need to walk into your recruiters office man up and explain to him that you wasted his time and pray to God he doesnt choke you the f*ck out. Dont be a faggot ass pussy ***** and just call him or just go to the butt-pirates office and join the Marines favorite taxi cab company. Once you have done that , then slime your way over to the semens office and explain that you were going to be a Marine, one of the best , but instead you want to be a barnacle living on a ship with other men, dancing around in ice cream outfits.

P.S. You if you are a squid you will never call yourself Marine.

LOL.......
    #1. Poolee's ask the CRAZIEST questions
    #2. Sgt. Outlaw is hilarious

All I can say is that if you decide to become a Corpsman then you better realize that you may not serve with the Marines your whole enlistment, but you being a male more than likely you will. I will advise you to go active duty and not reserve or anything like that, you will commit to 5 yrs and have the best time if indeed you get "greenside" , "8404" combat Corpsman and get a Marine unit. You will go to RTC Greatlakes ILL for boot then cross the street to Naval Hospital Corps School, then to FMTB east in LeJeune/Johnson or FTMB west at Pendleton. Be advised when you put on that cadusses and you are called a Corpsman you have just accepted a huge responsibility of careing for the sick and injuried, and maintain the health of the Marines or Sailors in your care. It is a great job to have and very satisfying. You will not be called Marine but if you do your job to the best of your ability and you prove yourself to your Marines you will be called "Doc"!!!! Which is a great thing. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Dco Mullins

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! Outlaw you owe me a monitor dude!

I think I just got ripped a whole new one....ouch >.>

If being a Corpsman does not give me the title of a Marine...EFF THAT!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    hahahaha!

Just remember if you're going to be a corspman, go 8404. At least you'll have a chance to be with Marines and as I've seen many times, May 8404 corpsman wish they haven't joined teh Navy or wish they never go back under Navy command.

N.A.V.Y: Never Again Volunteer Yourself

Thread Information