Height Requirement?
Create Post

Question Height Requirement?

So i have a question about height requirements for the Marine Corps. My friend wants to join but he might be to tall. He is 6'8/9 about 80, 81 inches. My recruiter told me there is a height limit of about 80 inches, but he couldn't elaborate because he was in a hurry.

So i was wondering if someone with knowledge in this matter could give me some insight on it, be it a Marine, Poolee, or a Marine Friend.

What happens if he is to tall? Could he get a waiver for it?

Thanks all!
    - Poolee Gillesby

we had a guy that was 6'9" he went. and now we have one thats 6'8".

it shouldnt be a problem. besides at MEPS they measure you 2" shorter than you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny90
    we had a guy that was 6'9" he went. and now we have one thats 6'8".

it shouldnt be a problem. besides at MEPS they measure you 2" shorter than you really are.
    Really? He is my best friend and seems like he really wants to do this, i just dont want him to get DQ'ed over something like this.

He is studying for his ASVAB because he wants to get a good score.

ya, when i DEP'd they said something like 79" is max.. im 6'7" (79") and they measured me at 75"... lol taller guys they make slouch a bit.

If he gets accepted tell him to go 0311 i would have loved to have a taller than me guy out in Iraq, bigger target.

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1
    If he gets accepted tell him to go 0311 i would have loved to have a taller than me guy out in Iraq, bigger target.
    Haha my old boyfriend was 6'6" and he was infantry. He was skinny as hell though so he probably wasn't too good of a target.

Sniper Bait. I'm only 6'1 and the tallest in my fireteam.

THere is one LCpl. here who is 6'8 thouh. He a ****ing giant, and he is skinny. Perfect practice for Juba.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was very very close to not getting in because of my height. Not becuase I was too tall but, too short. I made the cut off exactly. 4'10"

The way it was explained to me(I am 6'5'' and was concerned believe it or not) was that it really isnt that big of a deal, unless its really abnormal.. The worst part is your going to stick out like a sore thumb, and extra attention is the last thing you need in boot.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Sniper Bait. I'm only 6'1 and the tallest in my fireteam.

THere is one LCpl. here who is 6'8 thouh. He a ****ing giant, and he is skinny. Perfect practice for Juba.
    Well lets not talk about Juba now! That guy needs no more practice, he is the damn Hathcock of Iraq.

At least they wont have to pull targets in the pits, lucky mofos.

Thread Information