Mono *Sigh*
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mono *Sigh*

Mono *Sigh*

I recently found out that my friends Girlfriend who he sucks face with 24.7 has mono and Him and I have been sharing a water jug when we go to the gym, my question is that if I have mono before I ship will I still be able to ship? I'm going to the docs office ASAP to see if I have come down with Mono but this is the second time I've been exposed to it, My ex had mono when we were dating but I never came down with it.

Thank you,
    -Poolee Brown

Credits
    Savings
    If you get it, your ship date will get pushed. If you were exposed before, you may be alright. My wife had it twice ( once while dating ), and her room mate had it. I never got it.

No way man. Mono can kill you if you do too much while you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    No way man. Mono can kill you if you do too much while you have it.
    Can it really?! I ship next month (June 23rd) and I should be going to the Doc's this weekend to get a blood test so I can find out for sure or not. I would really hate to have to push back my shipdate. I figure if I can find out I can take the nesscerary steps to get to 100% to ship on my current date. Also if my shipdate gets pushed back because of this would I still be able to retain my MCSF MOS?

-Poolee Brown

Credits
    Savings
    Mono typicaly takes about a month to get over.
    Yes, it can have very seriouse effects on you if not treated.
    Check with your recruiter on the MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    So brown, your ...
    My Motto: Semper Fidelis, Semper Paratus, Fraternitas Aeternus.

What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    So brown, your ...

What does it mean?

Hey bigal...I'll betcha a sawbuck the kid doesn't know without having to look it up...!!

Credits
    Savings
    Right on Jim, just wondering why the USCG was involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    Hey bigal...I'll betcha a sawbuck the kid doesn't know without having to look it up...!!
    With all due respect Sergeant your wrong. It means Always Faithful, Always Ready, Brothers Forever and the favorite quote in my profile is In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

-Poolee Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell B
    With all due respect Sergeant your wrong. It means Always Faithful, Always Ready, Brothers Forever and the favorite quote in my profile is In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

-Poolee Brown

I wasn't talking about the translation there, numbnuts!!!! If thats your motto...how the hell would you even KNOW what it means if you're a wet behind the ears Poolie?? Marines, and ONLY Marines, know what that phrase means because we've EXPERIENCED it and LIVED it and MADE it our motto!!!

Learn something here and learn it quick...poolie!! The words, "with all due respect" DO NOT give you a license to run your suck hole!! You think about that before you try and check a Marine!! Are you going to go down to Parris Island and say the same thing to a Drill Instructor if HE tells you what to do?!?! If so...I wanna watch because the only thing that's going to beat you to the hospital are the headlights of the Ambulance you're on!!! Learn some frikkin respect in here, boy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    I wasn't talking about the translation there, numbnuts!!!! If thats your motto...how the hell would you even KNOW what it means if you're a wet behind the ears Poolie?? Marines, and ONLY Marines, know what that phrase means because we've EXPERIENCED it and LIVED it and MADE it our motto!!!

Learn something here and learn it quick...poolie!! The words, "with all due respect" DO NOT give you a license to run your suck hole!! You think about that before you try and check a Marine!! Are you going to go down to Parris Island and say the same thing to a Drill Instructor if HE tells you what to do?!?! If so...I wanna watch because the only thing that's going to beat you to the hospital are the headlights of the Ambulance you're on!!! Learn some frikkin respect in here, boy!!
    Sergeant I had no intentions of disrespect. I'll remove the motto. I know I haven't earned the motto and I meant no disrespect at all. It won't happen again Sergeant.

-Poolee Brown

This is a snip from one of my wife's text books about mono.

Avoid strenuous exercise and contact sports until the doctor allows resumption of activities. The spleen may be enlarged, and vigorous activity may cause it to rupture. Most doctors believe that a person with mono should postpone strenuous activities for at least one month after the onset of symptoms or until the spleen has returned to its normal size.
    A ruptured spleen is bad news. Best case scenario is surgery and a few days in the Intensive Care Unit of your local hospital. Don't try to push for things to happen too quickly if you do have mono. You won't do the Marine Corps any good if you die at boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    This is a snip from one of my wife's text books about mono.

A ruptured spleen is bad news. Best case scenario is surgery and a few days in the Intensive Care Unit of your local hospital. Don't try to push for things to happen too quickly if you do have mono. You won't do the Marine Corps any good if you die at boot camp.
    Yeah, I just spoke with my doctors and they said they can't give me the Monospot test because I'm not showing any symptoms..so I pretty much have to wait it out and see what happends..

if you do get pushed back on ship date Brown, keep your motovation up. but also keep in mind what the Sgt. told you. Always remember your rank or lack thereof no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by FLRULZURSHPSCKS
    if you do get pushed back on ship date Brown, keep your motovation up. but also keep in mind what the Sgt. told you. Always remember your rank or lack thereof no matter what.
    My motovation will always be up. The Sergeant and I had a conversation and I won't be slipping up again.

-Poolee Brown

Thread Information