Poolee Field Meet in San Diego on May 17th
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Poolee Field Meet in San Diego on May 17th

There hasn't been any big pool function other than the hike at our RSS since I entered DEP last June, so I'm excited. We're leaving Las Vegas at 3am, so that's something I'm looking forward to haha. Is anyone here going to that Field Meet?

Damn, I really wanted to go. Too bad that's my Prom. I thought it was just San Diego County, or maybe SoCal, but damn, it seems like its a pretty big function. Maybe I'll end up going in the morning and leaving early. We'll see.

Go to your prom, enjoy your time as a civilian. You'll have the opportunity soon enough.

You have a meet in San Diego? That's interesting. I have one in Seattle, too. Apparently all the Poolees from Washington are coming. I wonder if it's some nation-wide thing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's cool. I'm going to my RSS in few minutes and stay there until 3am, haha. Should be fun.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just got back from it, It was the most memorable poolee function I've ever been to. And plus, RSS West Vegas won the first place and we got the huge trophie! :-)

Until 0300 before we left we played CoD4 on three separate TVs, practiced drill, and other stuff we could figure out. I've never drank that much water in my life, after drinking one gallon I felt sick. Slept on the bus until we got to Camp Pendleton, then there we found our DI yelling at us saying "GET OFF MY BUS RIGHT NOW!" then we learned basic drill movements.

Then the meet started, and during the meet we were constantly told to drink water, and I probably drank about 2 more gallons. I was on Pull-Up team and Fireman carry team. Highlight was the relay run where we caught up with few events and ran a mile in 4:11. There were more events planned, but then black flag went up and we were not allowed to run anymore, and those other activities were cancelled.
    Ate MREs for the first time in my life. First one I ate for lunch sucked, but the next one was good. After those we won the trophie, then we came back to Vegas. I got badly burned...

Overall I had a blast, we could've got back earlier but there was this rule with the bus company or something that they have to sleep 8 hours before driving again, so we had to wait 5 hours in the indoor gym there. Played ping-pong, raquetball without raquet, wallball, and basketball.

Chula Vista!

Thread Information