Got a clean bill of health from my doctor!
Create Post

Got a clean bill of health from my doctor!

Hey everybody. The doc I have been seing for a few years and who prescribed my meds faxed the recruiter a letter. In it he said what meds I was on, that I would be off them by the end of May, that I have shown great improvement in the time that he has known me and that I would be a great addition to the Corps...if I survived boot! He said that I am ready to get off my meds by the end of May and that I have his full support. I tried to get a hold of the recruiter but he was out of the office, but this was all he was waiting on. Wish me luck. I'm ready to get going on this.

I finally just said forget it, I'm 20, you all are right and I never want to look back and regret not doing this. My parents can take it or leave it. They will love me no matter what. An ex girlfriend, when I told her the other day, said that there was no way I was ever going to follow through and even if I did I would fail in boot. She plays soccer at a POS D1 school that shall remain nameless and she said that they do Marine testing and that she can barely do it, and therefore I will fail. I was with this girl a LONG time and she is part of the reason my depression got so bad in high school, cause she treated me like absolute **** for two years and I still did everything I could for her. Her telling me I can't do this is just even MORE motivation! I'm ready to show myself and all the doubters what I'm all about!

Thanks for all the help and support. Will post again once I'm officially in DEP!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs10
    she said that they do Marine testing and that she can barely do it, and therefore I will fail.
    Tell her that really sucks for her because you know a girl that DID make it through boot camp so, it's NOT a compliment to herself that she can barely do it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Tell her that really sucks for her because you know a girl that DID make it through boot camp so, it's NOT a compliment to herself that she can barely do it.
    LMAO! Thats tellen her . Good luck man

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Hahaha well after she insulted me I told her I was done talking to her, but if I do make it through, I plan on letting her know, and I will be sure to mention it. "That's funny, I know a girl that's a Marine...what's wrong with you??"

That'll be the day.

Hey everybody. The doc I have been seing for a few years and who prescribed my meds faxed the recruiter a letter. In it he said what meds I was on, that I would be off them by the end of May, that I have shown great improvement in the time that he has known me and that I would be a great addition to the Corps...if I survived boot! He said that I am ready to get off my meds by the end of May and that I have his full support. I tried to get a hold of the recruiter but he was out of the office, but this was all he was waiting on. Wish me luck. I'm ready to get going on this.

I finally just said forget it, I'm 20, you all are right and I never want to look back and regret not doing this. My parents can take it or leave it. They will love me no matter what. An ex girlfriend, when I told her the other day, said that there was no way I was ever going to follow through and even if I did I would fail in boot. She plays soccer at a POS D1 school that shall remain nameless and she said that they do Marine testing and that she can barely do it, and therefore I will fail. I was with this girl a LONG time and she is part of the reason my depression got so bad in high school, cause she treated me like absolute **** for two years and I still did everything I could for her. Her telling me I can't do this is just even MORE motivation! I'm ready to show myself and all the doubters what I'm all about!

Thanks for all the help and support. Will post again once I'm officially in DEP!
    Congradulations I wish you the best of luck on the road to becoming a Marine.

Hahaha well after she insulted me I told her I was done talking to her, but if I do make it through, I plan on letting her know, and I will be sure to mention it. "That's funny, I know a girl that's a Marine...what's wrong with you??"

That'll be the day.
    Lol, that would "put her in her place."

Just suck it up and move on.

Thread Information