time
Create Post

Thread: time

time

Hey yall, I have about a month before I leave for MCRD Parris Island. I cant beleive how quickly time flys. Ive been in the DEP for a year now. Its crazy. You meet some great kids while in it. Hell, 3 of my closest friends are in the DEP and we hang out every day.

Yesterday we where playing kickball and I rolled my ankle (its the size of a apple now and my toes swelled up) but they're all so motivating that I just kept playing despite the pain.

I guess what Im trying to say is get to know your fellow POOLEE's while your in the DEP. You never know who's going to be with you in the work place, or better, in combat.

Thanks to every Marine, POOLEE, and maybe some recruits that have helped me the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by dmdenike
    Hey yall, I have about a month before I leave for MCRD Parris Island. I cant beleive how quickly time flys. Ive been in the DEP for a year now. Its crazy. You meet some great kids while in it. Hell, 3 of my closest friends are in the DEP and we hang out every day.

Yesterday we where playing kickball and I rolled my ankle (its the size of a apple now and my toes swelled up) but they're all so motivating that I just kept playing despite the pain.

I guess what Im trying to say is get to know your fellow POOLEE's while your in the DEP. You never know who's going to be with you in the work place, or better, in combat.

Thanks to every Marine, POOLEE, and maybe some recruits that have helped me the past year.
    You better get that thing looked at real quick at least on isce...you cold hhave a hairline fracture!! I did the same thing while running in formation on some large rocks on Camp Foster on Okinawa. Bruises on my toes and had a hairline fracture on one of my ankle bones...laid me up for a month!!

yes sir! My mom is a physicians assistant and she said she thinks its just sprained, I can walk on it and she said it the swelling doesn't go down in a few days then she'll bring me in. I have been icing it 20 on 20 off. Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPod Touch.

I'm leaving the week before you and have been going to the station for about 16 months, officially depped in about 6 months ago. I can't wait to leave, really crazy.

My closest friends are also from the RSS, we go out almost every weekend, and I see some every day.

Mike

You boys are getting close I hope you all are getting into shape it will pay off big time.

yes sir! I'm pretty sure I'm physically prepared, but no one can be mentaly prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by dmdenike
    yes sir! I'm pretty sure I'm physically prepared, but no one can be mentaly prepared.
    You got that right.

Good on you for being able to push through pain and all that good jazz, but remember, intentionally worsening your wound never helps anyone.

I'm not trying to bring you down, but if you did that in the fleet, you'd lose a big chunk of your ass from the ensewing ass chewing.

Be careful with yourself; you've only got one body. It's better to be jacked up for a couple days / week or so than get a fracture or tear some mucles / what have you and be laid out for a damn long time.

Thread Information