Back from the island.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Back from the island.

Graduated this morning. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I got a weird feeling on the plane ride home today. As much as I hated the drama in my platoon, and as hard as some of the physical stuff was, I felt as though a part of me had been ripped out because I knew in the morning my rifle wouldn't be there, my sisters would be miles away, and I'd have no one telling me to get dressed within 2 minutes or we wouldn't get head calls. Looking at the ground from the air above and all the random sand trails and open fields made me want to go through the Crucible all over again. I wanted nothing more than to high crawl, low crawl, and back crawl with my rifle and war gear; even if it did tear up my elbows and legs. That's what I've been training to do, and nothing would make me happier than to be able to do it again. I guess boot camp does brainwash you into a warrior a little bit... I think I'll high crawl to my room tonight before I hit the rack...

If anyone, especially females, has questions about boot camp, I'd be glad to answer them for you.

---------------------------------

"Platoon 4012, DISMISSED!"
    "AYE, GUNNERY SERGEANT! OOHRAH!"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62292

welcome home Marine, now follow the link to get squared away.

Dave

Welcome home Marine. Enjoy your time at home. UNWIND!!!!!

You have no idea how inspiring and motivating it is for me to hear stuff like this. Thank you for sharing it!

Welcome home, Marine. Enjoy your leave. You'll be back in the suck before you know it.

Welcome Home "marine".enjoy Your Stay Home

Yep. I got home last night, and it was just weird. Waking up this morning not being counted down to get on line, and not being counted down to get dressed. I still havn't said "this recruit" yet. Eating breakfast this morning was a little odd to. I still can't take my time eating.

Whats with the quotation marks on "marine" jerry?

Seems a little sircastic or something lol

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome back and congratulations! Did you pick up any rank?

Semper Fi Marine

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Welcome back and congratulations! Did you pick up any rank?

Semper Fi Marine
    I was a contract PFC for college credits. So, yes and no, I suppose. I didn't climb the totem pole any higher, but I'm not at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgame
    Yep. I got home last night, and it was just weird. Waking up this morning not being counted down to get on line, and not being counted down to get dressed. I still havn't said "this recruit" yet. Eating breakfast this morning was a little odd to. I still can't take my time eating.
    So you were on the island too, huh?? Yay Hotel and November Company!

I kinda miss PI. I definitely still woke up before 0500. And yeah, I think it's going to take us a while to stop the "chew chew swallow" routine. Oh man, good times.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I felt the same way, PFC Day. After Base Liberty with my mom and sister, I really was glad to get back to the Squadbay with the team.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchfire
    Whats with the quotation marks on "marine" jerry?

Seems a little sircastic or something lol
    ... said the poolee to the Marine.

Listen!

Here the whistling sound!!!

Welcome aboard, MARINE. Enjoy your tour...

catorojr
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindgame
    Small Corps =) I graduated yesterday as well- I can't stand up straight without having my feet at a 45 degree angle (heels together) and thumbs on my trouser seams. On top of that I woke up at 0300 this morning making sure I made a head call before the head was secured...

I made sure to PT though so I didn't feel disgusting throughout the day- it is quite odd I'll agree not continuing the usual schedule!

Congratulations to my Brothers and Sisters in Co H and N, Oorah!

-Pvt Toro, Plt 2029, Co H Bn 2

Thread Information