Question About Boards - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well basically, you can't get promoted until you receive an MOS, which requires that you finish your MOS school. I've been through 3521 with an UNQ from the air-wing and he had close to 2 years from training, guards (at both schools, I was with him through almost 6 months of school guards) and school itself, well he didn't get promoted until he was given an MOS for his composite score to fall under. just like ever other Marine in the Universe... you don't have a cutting score until you have an MOS. I was just pointing out the obvious about the poster (Motivator) as being a genius for pointing this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgtOfMarines
    Explain this remark please.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherGoose
    the knowledge is what always killed me. I just didn't like to sit in my room and study knowledge
    As a tournament chess player i can safely respond "don't let your enemies know that"

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold
    well basically, you can't get promoted until you receive an MOS, which requires that you finish your MOS school. I've been through 3521 with an UNQ from the air-wing and he had close to 2 years from training, guards (at both schools, I was with him through almost 6 months of school guards) and school itself, well he didn't get promoted until he was given an MOS for his composite score to fall under. just like ever other Marine in the Universe... you don't have a cutting score until you have an MOS. I was just pointing out the obvious about the poster (Motivator) as being a genius for pointing this out.
    You can get promoted while you have a generic MOS ex. 0300 vice 0311. How do I know? I work at an MOS producing school and I see it all the time.

While in entry level training (fresh from boot) you can pick up PFC due to time in grade and either PFC or LCpl meritoriously if you come in first in the class.

Now, picking up Cpl or Sgt is a whole other story. The only time this happens is if someone is lat moving into a new MOS. They will start falling under the cutting score for their new MOS the day they check into the schoolhouse and can be promoted under that MOS's cutting score. If for some reason they fail out of the school without attaining the new MOS (the one they got promoted under), they will revert back to their prior grade.

I found this really weird (SSgtOfMarines and SSgtPetzold, I'm mostly talking to you)

I know a Marine with the 9972 MOS (Aircrew Trainee) and picked up Corporal toward the end of his time at flight school. There was no lat move involved or anything. He says he "had the comp score" as opposed to a meritorious promotion... I'm assuming he was considered a crew chief already at this point?

Thread Information