Blood Stripes - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Hulk

I became an NCO on ship in 1992 and the blood stripe ritual was brutal. My colar bones were bleeding and I could not walk hardly for a week or so. I was always told on ship was a bad place to pick up Corporal because there is no place to get away...it was true. 24 hours of pain!! But what does not kill us makes us stronger!! Anyone have any other stoies? And is this ritual still permitted today? I hope so.

Semper Fi,
    Made NCO the same float you were on. "Stress Pac 92" I was on the USS Fort Fisher. I took a few to the leg and collar but overall I didn't have it that bad. I certainly ran much worse gaunlets. Maybe they just didn't care enough that day.

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j
    Made NCO the same float you were on. "Stress Pac 92" I was on the USS Fort Fisher. I took a few to the leg and collar but overall I didn't have it that bad. I certainly ran much worse gaunlets. Maybe they just didn't care enough that day.
    I am certain this will hurt but I have to ask.

How did you manage Sgt so soon afterwards? Had to be within a year of making Cpl. I barely made the points when I had 3.5 years in for Cpl on that float. We got back from float and a few months later departed for life in the civillian world.

I got off active duty in 1993 as a CPL. In 1996 i joined the 4th Recon Bn reserve unit in San Antonio. With in 6 months i was a Sgt.

So that was cool

I saw the title of this post and my freakin' legs started to hurt. LOL. Good training though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Hulk
    I got off active duty in 1993 as a CPL. In 1996 i joined the 4th Recon Bn reserve unit in San Antonio. With in 6 months i was a Sgt.

So that was cool
    Sweet.

Thread Information