What kind of underwear is issued at bootcamp? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    As of 02' at MCRDSD:
    White briefs for wear with the uniform.
    Jock strap under green PT shorts for PT.

The only time we wore PT shorts under our uniform was when we went to the pool.

White boxers are still authorized for wall locker inspections in lieu of briefs.

In 68 it was boxers at PI

HaHa I couldn't help but laugh my a$$ off. This is the funniest question yet. :P Back when I went through they issued us whitey tighties and jock straps. I remember This big dumb oaf didn't know his size and he was a skinny f!@# and said he was 47 and got made fun of but got that size anyways and then got made fun of some more. Then another time during Hygene inspection before lights out I think this was the one with the SDI around don't remember but everyone in the platoon dared me to wear my jock strap so I did and boy did I get IT'd for that one HAHA good 'ol memories

I just graduated in August and we had whitey tighties which we wore under green PT shorts in our cammies. Some guys liked to wear only PT shorts which got kind of awkward at clothing fitting when we had to try our trousers on without PT shorts. The tailor was pretty dumbfounded...

You'll be issued nylon PT shorts for everyday wear in bootcamp. Whitey tighties for uniforms.

Get used to wearing other guys clothes. After PT sessions we formed up and threw our jocks and socks into a ****can. One lucky recruit had the privledge of washing everyones stuff while the rest of us slept that night. Then on PT morning's the last firewatch would put out a jock strap, and a pair of socks for every recruit.

On laundry days you will hand in a laundry bag. Sometimes those bags don't return. People steal them, and they get lost while the recruits on team week are doing laundry. After 12 hours of doing laundry. People just start throwing random laundry bags with platoons just to get the right numbers. SO I recomend on your first trip to the recruit PX. Get extra skivvies. Get a few whenever you go. They always randomly get lost.

at first I wasn't sure about wearin another dudes jock or tighty whites, after while I got used to it, kinda like growin up with my brother, we shared underwear all the time

Red long johns, with the trap door.

White boxers in the one size fits none catagory. Every one marked with your Initials and name. Tossed the issued ones and bought new ones right after boot, stamped them, folded them and put those damn things away for junk on the bunk. After boot.... you wore anything you wanted to wear.

You get issued white skivvies and pt shorts, and you'll either wear both under cammies or just the white ones. Its up to your drill instructors. But buy extra of both or you'll end up wearing nasty, sweaty skivvies right after you shower.

In the Nam we didn't wear any, in base camp because of the heat we slept naked. Whenever we visited friends in the rear they thought we were animals -we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Red long johns, with the trap door.
    I bunked with a guy on the HV Ranch who wore those with the ass flap down first few day's after he moved in. Usually he went right to bed but occasionally would walk across the room to turn up the heat or let his dog out when it broke wind. It kept me alert around him if nothing else

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Underwear invention protects privacy at airport

NOV 21, 8:57 PM

DENVER (AP) -- It's a special kind of underwear - with a strategically placed fig leaf design - and a Colorado man says it'll get you through the airport screeners with your dignity intact.

Jeff Buske says his invention uses a powdered metal that protects people's privacy when undergoing medical or security screenings.

Buske of Las Vegas, Nev.-Rocky Flats Gear says the underwear's inserts are thin and conform to the body's contours, making it difficult to hide anything beneath them. The mix of tungsten and other metals do not set off metal detectors.

The men's design has the fig leaf, while the one for women comes in the shape of clasped hands.

It's unclear whether it would lead to an automatic, more intrusive pat down by federal Transportation Security Administration officials.

We got whitey tighties but never wore them until the end when we were in our service uniforms getting ready to leave and ****... and when we had to get our uniform issue (service/blues) outside of that it was gold ole skivvies and hope your not squimish about having your shorts mixed up

White boxers back in the day in 1978

white boxers

Thread Information