Anyone had a child at Beaufort Memorial Hospital (SC)?
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Anyone had a child at Beaufort Memorial Hospital (SC)?

We're expecting our second child in October, & I have been doing some preliminary research on BMH, where all births take place since they closed the birthing center at the Naval Hospital. Frankly, I'm not pleased with what I'm reading, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any first-hand experiences with a child's birth in this hospital. Perspectives from moms or dads are very welcome!

I had to have a surgery done at BMH which their surgery center and birthing center are the same place. Dont go by what you read go and see for yourself. What other options do you have, Hilton Head? Thats 45 minutes away do you wanna risk driving 45 minutes while in labor?

Marine Spouse Free Member Idena's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by mgkusmc
    I had to have a surgery done at BMH which their surgery center and birthing center are the same place. Dont go by what you read go and see for yourself. What other options do you have, Hilton Head? Thats 45 minutes away do you wanna risk driving 45 minutes while in labor?
    There's a hospital in Bluffton, just over half an hour, & then there's also Hilton Head. Honestly, the drive doesn't bother me - we drove an hour last time in labor, & on 95 to boot, so it could have been longer if there'd been traffic!

I'll call their birthing center for more information, as well as calling Bluffton to find out what their story is. But the stuff on Beaufort's website regarding their policies on laboring mothers & on newborns doesn't sit well with me, so unless they're flexible with policy, I'm sketchy on the experience.

Thread Information