Quick Question...or two
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Question...or two

First of all, I'm now offically a Poolee. How do I change my status?

Second, I picked 4671 Combat Videographer as my job. I was just wondering if you're doing a non-combat job can you volunteer to go on patrols and such things as that. The reason I picked the job I did was because I have a degree in Film and would love to gain experience with my chosen feild in the Corps. At the same time I feel, as I'm sure all Marines and Poolees have felt, that I should do some sort of combat job or I have some type of obligation to do some sort of combat job because I'm joining the Marines not some T.V. station. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

-Dwight

Your a COMBAT Videographer. You will carry a rifle. You will be put into combat, with a camera. You will be shot at. You're just filming it. No worries you'll get a chance to shoot your rifle at someone.

Seyborg how the f*ck do you know ? Are you a Marine , do you have knowledge in this MOS and what it truly entails besides the f*cking obvious? If not shut your face and perhaps maybe there is a Marine on this site that does know, and let him answer the question poolee.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Seyborg how the f*ck do you know ? Are you a Marine , do you have knowledge in this MOS and what it truly entails besides the f*cking obvious? If not shut your face and perhaps maybe there is a Marine on this site that does know, and let him answer the question poolee.
    This is another example of the blind leading the blind! Poolees, if you don't know the answer to a question....keep your pie hole shut and let someone that does answer the question! Sheeesh! Like I've said before "EXPERTS"! LMAO!

Dave

Duh, haven't you seen FMJ?

Its been thrity years since the Vietnam war, things may have changed since then. Again mainly just wondering if you can volunteer for such things as patrols if your not infantry or a combat oriented job.

Quote Originally Posted by dhenderson88
    First of all, I'm now offically a Poolee. How do I change my status?

Second, I picked 4671 Combat Videographer as my job. I was just wondering if you're doing a non-combat job can you volunteer to go on patrols and such things as that. The reason I picked the job I did was because I have a degree in Film and would love to gain experience with my chosen feild in the Corps. At the same time I feel, as I'm sure all Marines and Poolees have felt, that I should do some sort of combat job or I have some type of obligation to do some sort of combat job because I'm joining the Marines not some T.V. station. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

-Dwight
    Sends a message to jinelson or Shaffer..they can help you switch your status.

Quote Originally Posted by RWilliams
    Sends a message to jinelson or Shaffer..they can help you switch your status.
    Thank you

HAHA! +1

It's annoying, yet humorous when a poolee tries to lock someone else on about something they have no first-hand knowledge of.

Like, OMG, my recruiter told me.

Or...

I saw it in a movie.

Or...

My friend's uncle's wife's brother's best-friend's dad said so.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Hahahahahahahaahahahah Oh Boy It's Getting Fun Now!

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65
    Hahahahahahahaahahahah Oh Boy It's Getting Fun Now!
    My friend's boyfriend's sister's husband's brother's recruiter told him it's not as fun as you think it is.

Dear Chili, anyone?

Seyborg how the f*ck do you know ?
    LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dhenderson88
    Its been thrity years since the Vietnam war, things may have changed since then. Again mainly just wondering if you can volunteer for such things as patrols if your not infantry or a combat oriented job.
    As a POOLEE, you need to pay attention to detail. The Viet Nam war was more like 35 years ago when it ended. Things have changed since then, very much so. Now a Photo Journalist may very well be ordered to such duty, where as it was more or less volunteer in those days. Another thing that Movie, FMJ, was set in the mid 60s, that means 40 years ago.

But as one of my learned comrates stated earlier, maybe some Marine will answer that question that knows the correct answer.

As far as wondering if you can volunteer for patrols and such...why not go Infantry, buy a camera to take with you, and take pictures while you are fighting! I am sure the Insurgents would love to pose for you! Hopefully you can pose him however you want, LMAO! Won't be a IWO JIMA FLAG raising, but nice for your "I love me albums" back home!

Just my thoughts Poolee,

Dave

I stand by my fellow Marines with the wtf? and second the Chilli from the Chilli....

Also, in the back of my publically educated mind, I wonder...does a combat videographer film combat and would not that by the nature of the assignment be involved in combat.

Poolee- Research and post your MOS description for us.

Thread Information